Stock Tires Off-road

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

H

Houm_WA

I will have to wait and weigh my options I guess. What I'd REALLY like to do is get a pair that I can switch to when necessary, but that isn't really all that viable since I'd have to take tires off the rims every time I wanted to do that. I could get separate rims with the tires mounted on, but if I was gonna do that, why not just get a smaller rim while I'm at it and run whatever tire I want...? So, most likely I will run the tires I have on for now and switch over after I wear them out. I'd like to get more feedback about their on-road performance first.

I DO take my LR3 off-road, but not often enough to justify sacrificing street performance. Then again, dawg, since you're already kickin' yourself, maybe I'll get them just to **** you off.... :) It would be a good way to remind you of our PAC-10 rivalry.

roverdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looked like such a pain to have them imported as others had done. And now that I dropped that moolah on new tires I wish I had waited as the MTRs seem like a better value/performance. My only concern is the street performance and noise. Houm, you are the voice of reason as the HPs really are sufficient most of the time. The only problem I had with mine were in some deeper snow and this was towards the end of their tread life. btw Can't wait to get down to the Quail Lodge and try the LR experience myself!

H

Houm_WA

dawg....yeah man, I'd just wait to buy the tires and if at the end-of-life for your current set you still feel like you want/need the MT/Rs and we've heard good reports on this board, then pull the trigger. Until then, you shouldn't feel at all bad about running with what you have. I was just giving you $hit before...and you did the right thing by not responding to it ! :) ....BUT, how 'bout those Beavs making it another level deeper in the college world series !?!!? You probably aren't paying attention but there are only 8 teams left I think.

Moving on, yes, the Qual Lodge was just amazing (did you see the pics?) and I would love to do it again when it is muddy. I am hoping that Southwest offers one of their fun fares to San Jose or something in the late fall and I can talk one of my rover-owning buddies into making the trip and splitting it with me. ....the cost is $720 which is fairly expensive, but more importantly, it's a lot of driving time. Getting three hours behind the wheel is enough, so splitting the time and cost is the way to go in my opinion...plus it's just more fun with a friend.

roverdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Houm,

Yeah, I'll probably wait for these to wear out. I posted a note over on the MTR thread about the 19" MTRs being pulled in the UK to have them recertified to meet the LR3's weight. So, I'll see how that plays out and it sounds like there's some other options such as Pirelli in the works.

I just saw a blurb about your Beavs on the news. Good job. Pac-10 could use another championship about now!

Your Quail Lodge pics looked great. Trying to talk my brother into going down to play in the mud, hopefully. I tried last year to get him to go to the Land Rover Driving School in Montreal. Now that we have one on the west coast, he just might go. btw how was the Quail Lodge itself? Rooms? Food?

H

Houm_WA

Yeah, the Beavers have really come on as a baseball powerhouse these last few years. They play Rice again tonight in an elimination game. Winner goes on to the championship series against NC. GO BEAVS !!

By the way, if your Huskies were in the same position, I'd pull for them. ...not because my Masters degree is from UW, but just because they're PAC-10. The same logic does NOT apply to UO. I hate the Ducks and cheer against them in everything against anyone (else). I'd cheer for Satan's women's badmitton team if the devil were putting a squat together to face UO.

Anyhow...the food at the lodge was great. As for the rooms, I don't know. I'd been in San Fran on business that week and I was visiting a buddy in San Jose that weekend, so we just drove down Saturday morning and back after. It looked nice, though.

I am trying to talk a friend into going in mid-November....same weekend OSU faces Stanford for an ultimate weekend of alpha-male fun. LR driving on Friday and college football on the Farm on Saturday....and hopefully a Beavers' road victory. I want to go again in November 'cause it will be muddy.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink