Subwoofer doesn't turn on (software glitch)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I have this little thing that has bothered me about my LR4 since I bought it from new. Quite often, my subwoofer will not turn on when I turn on the audio system or change input sources. I know this is not a physical fault, but its a software fault.

The reason I know it's software is because if you go into the level adjustment screen and increase or decrease the subwoofer volume by just one press, it will immediately turn on. 100% of the time this works.

For what it's worth, I have the base audio system and NOT the L7.

Has anyone else had this issue?

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I have this little thing that has bothered me about my LR4 since I bought it from new. Quite often, my subwoofer will not turn on when I turn on the audio system or change input sources. I know this is not a physical fault, but its a software fault.

The reason I know it's software is because if you go into the level adjustment screen and increase or decrease the subwoofer volume by just one press, it will immediately turn on. 100% of the time this works.

For what it's worth, I have the base audio system and NOT the L7.

Has anyone else had this issue?

I have the upgraded 17 speaker on my 2013 Lux and it does the same thing every once in awhile. I found the same thing, when you nudge the sub volume, it pops on.

Another bug I found once, when the main channel switches from sat radio or whatever you are listening to, and nav voice, or park sensors, sometimes it will get stuck and the volume knob will just stop working and you can't control anything. Thats only happened twice though, The sub issue has occurred probably 20+ times.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Sub issue happens about 80% of the time I ever use the stereo altogether.

Thanks for the feedback.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually have no clue what my subwoofer sounds like - I don't even know how to control it - haha! If it has gone off, I likely don't even realize it. I am so far from an audiophile that I have no idea - I just leave my sterio on Logic 7. Is that right?

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ugh.
The only upgrade I have planned now for my LR4 is to install an aftermarket amp/subwoofer.
Appears this problem may persist after the install.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
installing that amp might not be all that easy, or worth doing. They dont just use standard signal cables for the amps. The factory sub is plenty loud if you want balanced music. If you want to sound like a teenager is coming down the road, then maybe not.

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a local shop I use for audio upgrades (I don't do it myself).
Given that concerts are too much money these days (and my wife likes completely different music), I have them in my car instead <shrug>

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a local shop I use for audio upgrades (I don't do it myself).
Given that concerts are too much money these days (and my wife likes completely different music), I have them in my car instead <shrug>

Ya, I mostly prefer home theatre/listening room for things like that. Its just such a pain in the ass to mess with car stereos on a nice modern car now.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's actually a proper pain in the ass on the LR to mess with the signaling. 99.9% of other cars will just use copper wires that you can tap into / feed the gains of an amp for an aftermarket solution. LR actually uses fiber optic out of the center console to their amps if I recall correctly. It makes tapping into it near impossible. The only thing I can imagine them doing is using a high gain input (current amplifier output) into the aftermarket amp or using some attenuation to take it down. As said, it's not easy.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually have no clue what my subwoofer sounds like - I don't even know how to control it - haha! If it has gone off, I likely don't even realize it. I am so far from an audiophile that I have no idea - I just leave my sterio on Logic 7. Is that right?

If you press the button on the dash with the musical note (looks like ♫), you should get a menu screen to adjust treble, bass, and subwoofer.

When my sub drops out, I just tap the slider one to the left or right and it will magically turn itself back on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM