subwoofer w/ HSE logic 7 stereo ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nashvegas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Minor question here -- so my 2005 HSE (with the logic 7 stereo system with all the extra speakers) sounds great. But I do not think the subwoofer works. No change to sound / bass if I turn up / down the subwoofer setting on the head unit.

So I'm thinking something is amiss.

Anyone else have this? If you have an HSE with this stereo, is it very noticeable when the sub is kicking in ?

Also -- just to make sure I"m not listening in the wrong place, I"m guessing the sub is UNDER the carpet on the actual fold-down tailgate, correct? Or is it in a side panel somewhere back in the wayback?

angasreid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it's in the tailgate. I ended up just putting in a 12" of my own. I like bass.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The subwoofer can sound non existent if you're listening to low quality mp3's that you burned on cd's. My sub is very quiet unless I'm listening to an original cd or 1 specific radio station in my area. I also thought there was something wrong with mine until I read a post about low bit quality mp3's. Apparently the head unit doesn't reproduce the bass intended for the sub if the mp3 was ripped at a low bit rate. You should definitely hear and feel the sub in the lower tailgate, if you don't then there may be a problem or maybe a wire came loose. Mine actually sounds really good if I listen to an original cd - its loud.

GreyMatter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it's in the tailgate. I ended up just putting in a 12" of my own. I like bass.

i was told by the dealership that it is on the drivers side in the rear not the tailgate.

and i dont think mine works either

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im like Jivd21.. depends on my tunes. Some mp3 that I have from my Itouch is low quality and I cant hear the bass (the way it's supposed to be..) while some mp3's are higher quality..that's when Im kickin' it old school. I have a playlist called "Old School Rap" which translate to "It's all about the bass.."

angasreid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It really is about the bit rate (or quality). Generally the higher the bit rate, the more "detail" a song has. My sub sort of slowly faded out. I talked to the dealer about it, and they said "yeah sorry, they tend to wear out over time".

But I took my tailgate apart, and looked at the sub... It's hexagonal, and inverted. If I remember correctly too, it's made of cardboard too. Mine was just not up to par for me anymore.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you put the new sub? Did you wire it using the stock wiring or did you add an additional amp? Thanks

angasreid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I really wanted the sub to go into the side-wall of the trunk. But because I got a 12", there really wasn't much room. If you put in a 10" or even an 8" you could put it under a seat.

I opted to just getting a box that sits all the way against the 2nd row of seats, and because the trunk is so big, it really doesn't that that much room either. The amp is inside the right panel inside behind the black plastic, under the cup holders for the 3rd row. I told them I don't want to look at it, see it, or know it's there pretty much. So, the wires run into where the 3rd row seats are and pop out behind the 2nd row of seats.

I had the installers disconnect the original sub, and those wires run to the amp, which controls the gain for it too. That way I can still use the original sub knob too. My amp also had a gain knob as well, so if I really want to crank it, that's inside the glove box.

I'm involved with the music business/industry, so I love loud music all the time. Bass was something important for me ha.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635