Surround Cameras

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a couple of road trips coming up to visit family pre-Christmas so I will try it also and report back. FWIW, in addition to the concentrated Rain-X windshield treatment, I have used the Rain-X Bug Remover and De-Icer windshield washer fluids and they work pretty well.

Causeway LR4

Reaction score
I don't have this option on my LR4, but wife's X5 has it and it uses the cameras to create a view as if you are 20' above the vehicle and looking down. Helps her park...

pceresia

Reaction score
Tried the "Rain-X" suggestion but it didn't help keeping the rear camera free of mud spray and definitely didn't do anything for snow/ice build up. The only thing I've found that helps so far is giving it a quick wipe every time I use the truck. Aside from the crappy infotainment system, I guess if this is my biggest gripe then my LR4 world is pretty OK

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried the "Rain-X" suggestion but it didn't help keeping the rear camera free of mud spray and definitely didn't do anything for snow/ice build up.

Sorry to hear that. After I suggested the idea, I went and forgot to do it myself for my recent trip. I guess the tried and true "wet thumb" approach is still the best.

PS: I wondered if that ultra hydrophobic product would do any better. Rustoleum makes one called NeverWet. But I checked and it's not made for glass as it dries opaque.

pceresia

Reaction score
Driving to Key West shortly. The abundance of sunshine and margaritas should obviate the need to clean the rear camera, at least for a few months...

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Driving to Key West shortly. The abundance of sunshine and margaritas should obviate the need to clean the rear camera, at least for a few months...

Reminds me of a scene from that old movie "The Gumball Rally" where the Italian driver reaches up before the race starts, tears off his rearview mirror and says "what is behind me is notta important!"

Envious of your trip to KW...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99