Suspension alert question #2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoulderGT3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a dealer -06 (6/06 build) LR3 with 5500 miles on it. All is well, very well in fact, except I keep getting random "suspension alert" warnings and the gong. It resets when I turn the ignition on and off but it happens a couple of times a day.

I can't tie it to any activity or weather. It's just random.

I had the dealer check it when I took it in for an oil service but because the light was not on then and no codes had stored they were at an impasse.

I don't like random warning lights. Any ideas on what to do or request the dealer to do? Thanks.

BELLROVER

Reaction score
Was it an amber light that illuminated or was it a message in the LCD???

F

flying

I had the same problem, I called the dealer and they told me that the vehicule is shutting down some electrical systems (like xenon, suspension...) for cold weather start in order to give the maximum power when starting the truck.

The amber suspension fault light should turn off by itself after a while, no need to restart the vehicule...

BoulderGT3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BELLROVER said:
Was it an amber light that illuminated or was it a message in the LCD???
It's the amber light on the left side of the panel. I just took it in to the dealer. They think it is a ride height sensor. We'll see.

Once it's on it stays on until the car is restarted and it's not related to cold, conditions, or anything else I can ascertain.

woodmews

Reaction score
I had the same problem, the dealer put in a new air compressor and never had the problem again.

BoulderGT3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
woodmews said:
I had the same problem, the dealer put in a new air compressor and never had the problem again.
THey are keeping over the weekend and putting in 3 ride height sensors on Monday. We shall see.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge