Suspension Fault — Temp Sensor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Longtrail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for confirming the issue and resolution; I see this is a Hitachi compressor; I wonder if the AMK also does this (rhetorical question...).

dtopkin

Reaction score
Actually, turns out I had the amk style compressor.

My firmware was saying that the software installed was hitachi, but when looking at the compressor, it was without doubt the amk.

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you buy a AMK replacement, or did you get a Hitachi? If you're still running the AMK, you should switch to the AMK software - the IID Tool can do that for you.

Longtrail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you buy a AMK replacement, or did you get a Hitachi? If you're still running the AMK, you should switch to the AMK software - the IID Tool can do that for you.
Agreed on that front, I had many fault codes caused by the wrong RLM ECU firmware. The IID Tool fixed this.

dtopkin

Reaction score
Thats a good call. Something I was aware of, but my previous compressor was running fine for years and no fault codes or anything, but then when I checked that it was hitachi software… it baffled me, because I’d read how important it was to update the software.

Compressor is running fine now, but I assume it’s still on the hitachi software. I can update this with my gap tool… but curious what issues it causes if not? Seeing as my previous amk was running on hitachi firmware for so long, without seemingly any issue?

Not suggesting keeping it that way, just curious about it.

Longtrail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I documented my journey in this thread:

I'm sure there were many issues that I ended up fixing along the way but the silver bullet was the firmware change from Hitachi to AMK.

dtopkin

Reaction score
Flashed the ECU—thanks for the heads up. Something I've noticed since changing the compressor:

Once I'd started the car it didn't want to go to normal height—kept getting the "suspension in extended height, move obstacle" messaging.

When I tried to lower it to normal height again, it worked. No issues with raising, just the initial lowering. I think the same thing happens with access height.

I just flashed my ECU to AMK (it was previously on Hitachi) thinking that would work, but when trying to lower from off-road height got the warning, and then pressed again, and it would go down.

No codes or faults whatsoever. Compressor is working just fine it seems, and this only happens with the initial lowering. Thinking I might do a suspension calibration next to see if this might fix the issue...

Any thoughts? All ride height sensors seem to be working just fine too.

Longtrail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you taken a look at your respective valves; there are three. One is situated in the front passenger wheel well; one is situated in front of the compressor and the third is on the rear driver side wheel well. I bought a new set of o'rings and serviced all three valves, I suspect this made a big difference to the behavior of my suspension although I would have done things in the opposite order to what you're doing.

My vehicle seemingly felt very similar to yours in that it was never happy going up and down to different ride levels.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72