Suspension Fault — Temp Sensor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dtopkin

Reaction score
U210A-16(AF) -
Temperature Sensor - Circuit voltage below threshold

Showed up on my drive home, it'd go away after a bit, then come back up, and then go away, and come back. No restricted mode or anything like that.

I've read that there are issues with the sensor inside the compressor. I have a Hitachi. 2015 LR4, 83k miles. Curious if there's a way to replace just the sensor? Seems like there is more of an electrical issue? Fuse maybe? Open to any insight here...

Attachments

• IMG_6570.PNG
    IMG_6570.PNG
    117.5 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you sure you have a Hitachi? 2015 should have come from the factory with AMK as far as I understand.

dtopkin

Reaction score
Spoke with my indy—and they said they've never done one of these before, just replacing the sensor and questioned whether you can even purchase the sensor on it's own. I'd hate to have to replace the compressor just for the sake of the sensor... but will do, if that's what it comes down to.
Any other options people suggest I start with here? Relays? Etc?

dtopkin

Reaction score
After more research and diagnoses, it seems like it's an electrical fault and the wire that connects the sensor is corroded or shorted. The fault will show up by just turning the ignition on (not engine), which is a direct indication that it's an electrical fault. The code provides that clarity too. Will need to track down where the issue might be now.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speaking from my own experience, pull the compressor and make sure the wires are fully plugged into the sensor.

How many miles are on your LR4? How long have you owned it? Echoing what the earlier poster said, Hitachi compressors were phased out around 2012 or 2013. My guess is yours has been replaced once already and they used a Hitachi?

dtopkin

Reaction score
Speaking from my own experience, pull the compressor and make sure the wires are fully plugged into the sensor.

How many miles are on your LR4? How long have you owned it? Echoing what the earlier poster said, Hitachi compressors were phased out around 2012 or 2013. My guess is yours has been replaced once already and they used a Hitachi?

I'll give this a shot. I only have 83K miles on it. Owned it for just over a year now—I did do some pretty heavy off-roading over the weekend, and I wonder if the cable might've come loose or something like that.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine wasn't the temp sensor; it was the exhaust valve sensor. Here is my post when I discovered the problem:

Anyway, could be the same thing with you. I have no idea where the temp sensor is, though.

dtopkin

Reaction score
Yeah—I have a feeling it's something very similar. The intermittent come and go of the fault while driving initially definitely had me wondering if it was just some bad connection. And then with the fault showing up before the engine is even turned on all but confirmed that. I'll check the fuses + relays too. I can already hear the dealership saying "Well, looks like you need a new compressor!"

Appreciate the help!

dtopkin

Reaction score
UPDATE: Issue solved.

It ended up being the temperature sensor that's connected to the compressor. BUT, when I tried to replace the temp sensor, it cleared the code, but then threw a SOLVED. C1A27-12 - Compressor Circuit - Circuit Short to Battery code, think I might've shorted the relay. But, when I tried a different relay, I still got the code. Luckily, I'd ordered a new compressor to have for a rainy day—turns out that was the rainy day. Ended up replacing the whole unit, and all is well.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72