Suspension replacement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

merrion13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought I've heard that you cannot replace the air suspension system with traditional springs, but I saw Atlantic British sells kits of springs. Is replacement of the air suspension possible, or no?

dry_fly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
to the best of my knowledge their conversion kits is only available for the Range Rover at this time & not the LR3. Hopefully that will be soon to follow.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can I ask why you want to replace yours?
Might want to get in touch with Nathon, he is by far the best one to talk with regarding LR3's.

merrion13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious because in the event of a compressor and suspension failure, might be cheaper to do coil conversion. I did this in my '00 D2 for the rear and it worked great and was a lot cheaper than replacing the EAS. Also, don't own an LR3 yet but strongly considering one, so doing some research now.

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To my knowledge, there is no way to convert the LR3/LR4/RRS Air Suspension System to a coil system. Terrain Response, Traction Control, HDC and Ride Height are all interwoven into the many CPU's. It would take a ton of time and money just to start. someone in SoCal tried but was left with a 6k lb paper weight.

merrion13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok good to know. Weird that Atlantic British shows the kit on their website. Thanks everyone.

Trynian

Reaction score
Well.... it is possible. you just have to know how to remove the suspension control module from the communication loop.

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok good to know. Weird that Atlantic British shows the kit on their website. Thanks everyone.

There is not one for LR3. All conversion kits you can see there are eighter for RR 03-05 ( the latest) and Discovery 2.Nothing yet for Lr3.

huelsmma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive spoke to a few companies including them and they said theyre still eorking on it but having some issues with the programming aspects.

gtc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is not one for LR3. All conversion kits you can see there are eighter for RR 03-05 ( the latest) and Discovery 2.Nothing yet for Lr3.

I'm pretty sure Merrion actually did see one for the LR3! I thought I saw it yesterday or the day before as well, and was pretty surprised. It's no longer listed - perhaps a typo during an update for today's suspension sale?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112