Swapping 2008 rear lights with 2010

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BazLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Not sure if the LR4 has hit the streets yet, BUT, would it be possible to simply exchange the rear lights on my future truck with the newer lenses? How much dinero are we talking about?

Acuwar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what about the head lights ? LR3 vs LR4 is it a perfect match fit ?
i called dealership few days ago . they have no idea. they mentioned
in order to find out is to order one and try .

any ideas? :confused:

dantheman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been looking into the headlight deal myself, but after reading some threads on disco3.co.uk, the size and shapes are different than lr3. To make the headlights fit, you have to get new grille, bumper, quarter panels, and maybe the hood. The taillights are a direct fit, but you need to put a 6 ohm resistor in parallel to the turn signal to make it flash properly on the dash.

Chris344

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what about the head lights ? LR3 vs LR4 is it a perfect match fit ?
i called dealership few days ago . they have no idea. they mentioned
in order to find out is to order one and try .

any ideas? :confused:

I think to start with you'd need new fenders, it seems they are a different shape (at least according to the link below). It also looks like the LR3's grill and headlights are taller...If you can get all that worked out you'd still probably have to figure out the wiring.

http://disco3.co.uk/forum/topic39115-30.html

BazLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am actually just interested in exchanging the rears, subject to the cost being reasonable, NOT! As for the fronts, I actually like the existing one better that the 2010. Anyone know how much the rear lenses typically cost? As for installing a 6ohm resistor, would that not be built into the unit?

Learth

Reaction score
The LR3 rear lights look better than the LR4. Waste of money.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, get LED replacement bulbs and call it good. I considered the Lr4 tail lights, but I would also need to replace the lamp guards. That pushed the price past ridicules into insane $ territory.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, get LED replacement bulbs and call it good. I considered the Lr4 tail lights, but I would also need to replace the lamp guards. That pushed the price past ridicules into insane $ territory.

I like the idea of the LED tails but as of yet I have not seen a single led replacment bulb that is equal in intensity to the original incandescent's. For the that reason I personally won't touch them(I like to be seen). However LR appears to have a conversion kit to convert you standard lr3 tails to led. I haven't yet verified this but it looks like you unscrew and replace the back of the houseing with a new led piece (only for the running/brake lights). Kit instructions availble on the land rover website. I too would prefer the red colored lenses of the lr3 over the lr4 tails.....

LR008055-56 (Land Rover #)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo