System Fault Special Programs Unavailable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dpeeks1

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post to the forum and I'm hoping this might be helpful to others. I couldn't find any other forum with my specific suspension symptoms. For about a year, on and off, my 2006 LR3 SE V8 would get the message: System Fault Special Programs Unavailable; Special Programs Off. The red suspension fault light would appear on the gauge cluster, and I would not be able to raise or lower the suspension from normal height nor work the special programs. The fault would pretty much remain for several days or weeks or it would come on randomly while driving only to disappear a second later. I also noticed that the problem tended to appear in the summer. The suspension would not lower to the bump stops nor would the suspension seem to slowly lower over time as the compressor wasn't working with the suspension fault light on. So I knew there was not an air leak. A year ago I bought the EAS compressor rebuild kit which provides a few new washers, etc. and I also replaced the dryer, but the fault remained. So, I figured it must be an electrical problem. The 4X4 info screen on the navigation also looked very different from other forum posts I had seen (most show one wheel out of whack). I have attached the pic to this post.

For the past week or so the truck had been starting up and the fault would appear and not go away. I decided to look at some of the connectors to see if they needed to be cleaned. Before even getting to that I checked fuse 26 under the hood next to the battery. The fuse was not broken, but it looked a little corroded. I literally scraped a little corrosion off the fuse with my thumb (am going to replace it when I get a chance), put the fuse back in, turned the car back on and lo and behold the system fault and suspension fault went away. Fingers crossed it has been 4 days and no issues and no other variables have changed and the car is working fine.

The moral of the story is just to check fuses first before getting any deeper into a suspension issue.

IMG_1755.JPG

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good one, thanks for that... I wonder how / why this is getting the exposure to corrode..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4