Temperature Guage Fluctuates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GeoRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a thermostat with housing replaced a couple of weeks ago. Last weekend I was driving through unusually hot temperatures in our area in around low 100's in a stop and go traffic and noticed that AC cut off and hot humid air start blowing, this is while idling in the traffic.

Then once the traffic started to move, the AC came back on. It happened again and then I noticed that the Temperature gauge was all the way to the TOP (HOT) while idling and AC cut off again. Again, when start driving over 10 mph the gauge dropped to "normal" operating temperature in less than 2 seconds and AC came back on. I pulled over to check if the car was over heating. It was not.

Coolant Sensor problem?

Also noticed that Temp Gauge doesn't come in dead center since after the Thermostat was replaced. Dips a tad bit low - it used to stay in the dead center as it should be before the replacement.

Last edited:

GeoRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hell pie; that is exactly what the problem was. Bled it out and now all is fine! You are right on the money here :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink