Texas Trails

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
So I am working late (damn legal research) and I am just thinking before the Rover has another "break down" I need to do some damage this weekend..I am near Lake Austin/ Waco (actually anywhere on I-35 South would be cool) . If anyone has any ideas where I should wonder off to play, that would be ever so appreciated. I will have my co-worker with me, he has a winch therefore MUDDD!!!! :cool:

J

John_A

Melissa,

I'm new to the board, and a new Disco owner. I've been lurking for a few weeks, because I'm totally new LandRovers. Not new to 4 wheeling, so I thought I'd jump in.

May be further south than you wanted to go, but if you can get down to San Antonio the "Devils Den" is a great spot. Here is a link to the San Antonio Rover guys, they might be able to help you. (I live about 200 miles away)

http://www.texasrovers.com/sanantoniochapter/contacts.htm

Here is a link to some of our outings at the den:

http://h2southtexas.com/gallery.html

I am a hummer owner :ahhhhh: (the yellow H1), however after watching the Discos do their thing at our outings, I fell in love with them. I've had mine now for just about a month, and love it. I can't wait to get out and see what it can do.

I'm also looking forward to becoming a part of the community. (if I didn't just shoot myself in the foot by admitting to also driving something else :rolleyes: )

Hope this helps,
John

Last edited by a moderator:

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you own a Rover, you're already part of the community, John.

Welcome aboard! :biggrin:

And don't worry about being a Hummer owner -- they have their uses, and besides nobody's perfect! :smile:

Andy

J

John_A

You're about right on the chainsaw part.

Thanks for the welcome, and let us know if you find any good places to go wheel.

J

chuyrdzc

Reaction score
Big Bend National Park

Hi RoverChic
I'm also a new member to the community although I have owned several land Rovers previously.
I recommend you visit the Big Bend National Park. I visited the park about 5 years ago but some friends drove up there recently and told me it was great.
Plus you can visit the McDonnell observatory. If any of you guys would be interested I have driven in to the Sierra Tarahumara with my Discovery and Its a wonderful experience both for you and your rovers. It would be great if we could in the future organize a visit to that part of Mexico.
Its really inexpensive and worth allot to visit.
Best Regards
JR :bandit:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635