Thinking about going in to the mud, for the first time!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GSMblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really want to get out on to a trail, I have never done anything like this before. I don't count my snow experience or sand experience.

What should I be taking with me? I have a couple of 2x20 recovery straps and 2x Warner 3/4" shackles.

But those won't be much help on their own.... Any input would be greatly appreciated.

If anyone can give me any ideas about where to head in the Portland Oregon area that would be appreciated too!

Thanks!

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bring TIRES! ....and another 4x4. Don't go alone.

Head to the Tillamook State Forest, out towards Forest Grove. I believe it's off of HWY 6 and if you google it you can find maps and directions. There are easy trails and trails that would destroy our vehicles, so don't over-reach. Maybe start with "Hood Raiser" and work your way into tougher ones.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know if you have tried to go to browns camp or not yet. Browns Camp is currently closed due to Extreme Fire Danger. Browns camp is off of HWY 6 in the Tillamook Forest. A search of the web should tell you current status of the Forest. At this point I would guess that it will be closed until we get some rain...

GSMblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

I prob won't head out until November. I have a friend moving down from Seattle and he wants in :) We are going to stick the girls in his truck as the back up team!