Tie Rod Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PhilSessions

Reaction score
Has anybody replaced the tie rods on their LR3? My passenger side inner and outer are worn and need to be fixed so I can get an alignment. The outer doesn't seem to be very difficult but the inner maybe a little more on the challenging side.

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer did mine, you'll want to check your bushes on everything as well. You'll need a 4 wheel alignment as well when done.

I read a couple of people who did them, but no how to that I can find. So if you are adventurous it is possible.

PhilSessions

Reaction score
Its funny how I didn't feel a whole lot of play in my steering before I put a new set of 265/60 Goodyear Silent Armors on last week, then took it to the Dealer for a new Susp. Comp. and wanted them to do the alignment. So they try to do the Alignment and say the tie rods on the passenger front are too far gone to do it. So of course I am trying to find info on how to do it myself. But i went off-road a little last night and MAN you talk about loose! Wow its really bad. I'm wondering if its deteriorating at a rapid rate or did they quicken the pace by screwing with something. I wish I had a good independent around here. What do you guys think?

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably much easier to test such things when you can get it on a lift and have no pressure on the entire system. Where are you, perhaps we can find a good indy in your area.

PhilSessions

Reaction score
Probably much easier to test such things when you can get it on a lift and have no pressure on the entire system. Where are you, perhaps we can find a good indy in your area.

Outside of Dayton, OH

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nico3dd