tinted windshield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

samcarloso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tinted their windshield? I had a loaner Range Rover and noticed it had a film on its windshield. Do they make an aftermarket or OEM film for LR4?

Spoonito

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think one of the guys from Florida tinted his front Windshield

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bushway9172 is the resident expert on window tinting - he's done it all on his LR4.

I think he has college finals today, but will likely see this thread and offer his advice.

Last edited:

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tinted their windshield? I had a loaner Range Rover and noticed it had a film on its windshield. Do they make an aftermarket or OEM film for LR4?

Tinted windshields are illegal in every state (as far as I know); however, many states will allow you to tint the top 6" of your windshield...

With that being said, you can tint your entire windshield if you can find someone who is willing to do it for you. With the hot summers here in South Florida, many people tint their entire windshields... it helps cut down on heat as well as sun damage to the interior. It would be the same type of film that someone would apply to your side windows. For any tint, I recommend Llumar. Excellent quality, qualified installers, and lifetime warranty.

If you DO tint your windshield, just know that you may or may not get in trouble for it. 50% VLT film (the amount of light that comes through) is usually "safe" on the windshield.... 30% will get you into trouble (yes I know this from experience haha).

Another option I was just reading about online is called Llumar Air Blue 80. It is a newer product by Llumar that claims to cut down on 99% of UV rays and reject 43% of heat. Seems pretty good for a film that you can't even tell is on there...

PM me for any further questions. I'd be happy to help.

rovernut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On yachts where we cannot use dark tint as we don't want to cut visibility (like in the pilothouse) we use a product called V-Kool, a clear film that eliminates 99% of the UV and cuts the heat transmission by a huge amount.

www.v-kool-usa.com

Maybe they have someone local that you can call. If not find a local "tinter" maybe he can get set up as distributor/installer and give that a try.

GL

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On yachts where we cannot use dark tint as we don't want to cut visibility (like in the pilothouse) we use a product called V-Kool, a clear film that eliminates 99% of the UV and cuts the heat transmission by a huge amount.

www.v-kool-usa.com

Maybe they have someone local that you can call. If not find a local "tinter" maybe he can get set up as distributor/installer and give that a try.

GL

I use V-Kool here in the Middle East, including a clear grade on the windshield. It's pricer than anything else I have seen, but well worth it in my opinion. In the showroom, they had two 100W incandescent bulbs behind a piece of glass. One was treated with the clear film, the other untreated and you could place your hand in front of each and notice a considerable difference in heat reduction.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90