tire 255/55/19

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dragan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What tire should i buy for on road driving for 2005 LR3 HSE.
I wont to replace may goodyear, I locking for quiet on road tire.
any suggestion

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are excusively on the road, Michelin is always a good bet.

cbboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had the michelin synchrones and they were fantastic. don't know if they still make 'em as haven't looked at the 19" offerings in a while.

LRB

Reaction score
Michilen Latitude are the way to go. They are whisper quiet still. I have 25k on them and have about 75% tire left. Ill probably get 60k out of them. I rotate every 5k miles (i would not go more than 7k on any tire with this truck) and they are wearing perfectly. Make sure they are properly inflated and rotate and you cant go wrong. T

photodisco

Reaction score
I was in the market about 6 months ago and went with Pirelli ATR's and they are awesome. Super quiet and great wet traction and they look nice.

nashvegas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pirelli scorpion zero

rock -- they rock -- they rock -- def would get them in 19" if you are primarily onroad. One dealer in alabama uses them 100% exclusively on the trucks there for the 19" rims on Full size range rovers and lr3s (sports use a 255/50/19 instead of the 55)

kingfishgrapeja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hankook ventus as on mine. Much better than the good year's....what isn't.....with a decent price $185ea. Quiet and I seem to be getting good wear for PA roads. Great in rain and decent in snow. A little more than half of the tread left at 14k. Even on my allroad I would only get about 12k out of a set of tires, so I'm pretty happy.

goinsurfin

Reaction score
Pirelli Scorpion ATRs are great tires- I have over 30k and they are still going strong- super quiet on the highway.

nashvegas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scorpion ATRs & XL rating ?

I just checked on the Scorpion ATRs and they do _not_ appear to have the "XL" load rating that we need on an LR3. Anyone know why ?? Obviously it seems like you guys are running these tires with no issues, but I was told never to stray from XL ratings with these trucks. Thoughts?

nashvegas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scorpion ATRs and white letter sidewall

I just checked on the Scorpion ATRs on tirerack... and who knows, maybe they are better than the scorpion zero's im running.

Those of you who have them -- do they have a white letter sidewall tho on the inside? I _hate_ that -- ideas ?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge