Tire Advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

billj214

Reaction score
Looks like load rating for the Intercos m16 is higher than the Cooper Zeon LTZ, anyone see issues with a lower load rating? 3086 vs 3640/3305.

LROffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally, I would always go with the heavier load tire. That's one thing I love about these tires. My disco2 pulls a trailer full of tools everyday, plus both my Rover's are used in the woods for recreational fun and a heavier load rating tells me that the interco tire is better built with a stronger sidewall which means the interco is less likely to blow out on a trail! I'll let you know how they are on road, but I'm excited to see

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the Nitto Terra Grapplers on before in the same size (285/60/18) and switched to the Coopers Zeon LTZ's a couple years ago when they were new. I haven't had any issues with load or sidewalls, even on some very difficult terrain. One time I couldn't help but run up against a very sharp rock. I heard a loud squeal, and thought I had sidewalled myself, but it was just the rubber rubbing on the rock. The tire was fine with no damage at all. All this while fully loaded with 6 people and lots of gear. So I'd say that was a pretty good test of the load and sidewall strength of the Cooper Zeon LTZ's.

LROffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My experience with the Nitto TerraGrappler

I had the Nitto Terra Grapplers on before in the same size (285/60/18) and switched to the Coopers Zeon LTZ's a couple years ago when they were new. I haven't had any issues with load or sidewalls, even on some very difficult terrain. One time I couldn't help but run up against a very sharp rock. I heard a loud squeal, and thought I had sidewalled myself, but it was just the rubber rubbing on the rock. The tire was fine with no damage at all. All this while fully loaded with 6 people and lots of gear. So I'd say that was a pretty good test of the load and sidewall strength of the Cooper Zeon LTZ's.

Good call on the Terra Grappler, I to had it pressed into a rock, a big rock and the rock was eating at my tire and wheel, but did not pop my tire, but it's that same experience which makes me go for the M-16 by Interco with the stronger sidewall.... I felt lucky when my tire didn't pop, now I just feel safer with the M-16, not to mention the tread on the M-16 looks like it will grab way better than my old TerraGrappler...... I'm picking up my Range next Monday so then I'll finally be driving on my new M-16's and then I tell you how they do. I put them on both my Range and my Disco..... The tread on my Disco was perfectly fine too, I just wasn't very impressed with the TerraGrappler in mudd, it tends to muck up and not grab like I thought it would:frown:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A guy in our local Rover club popped a Cooper Zeon on the last run, actually. He had them on a P38 but I believe the same size. I wasn't there and don't know the particulars of how it happened.

davidfkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my stock tires (tyres!!!! hahaha) are 255 60 18 . . .how far oversize ( i see people talking about 285s) can i comfotably go? note: 90% on road/10% off road (for now that is)

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635