Tire pressure LR3 HSE 19 Perreli Zeros

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAJOD

Reaction score
I'm not sure what tire pressure to use with my LR3 HSE. It has 19 inch rims with Perreli Zeros. The tires say max psi 50. I'll be pulling a 17 foot I/O 4 winns boat. Is higher better for towing? I set the auto psi meter to 38 at the gas station for all 4. Is that ok?

Any help is appreciated.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When towing or when loaded and taking a trip, yes, it is better to run a higher air pressure by around 5 pounds over your normal pressure.
Not owning an LR3, I do not know what air pressure to run, especially with 19" tires. I would suggest you speak with a tire store that you trust and see what they say.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look for the tire pressure sticker inside the driver's door. Ours reads 33 front & 42 rear. That is what we run and it seems to work well.

RAJOD

Reaction score
I just looked at that sticker and mine said

Front 33 PSI cold
Rear 42 PSI cold.

A mechanic on another forum has a post that said run 38 all around to get the most from your tires. Meaning if you don't want them to wear out fast. Saying 33 too low in front.

42 in the rear assumes the truck is loaded or heavier in the rear than the front. The Motor sits right over the front tires. And with 1 person driving and no boat it seems 42 is over inflated vs the actual weight above the tire.

I've only seen 1 person that runs 33front/42rear. I've seen one post that says that door lable only applies to OEM tires that came with the truck.
And seen many people get cupping on those OEM run 33/42.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The OEM tires cup because they are cheap tires. I threw out the OEM Goodyear Wranglers after 5000 miles and put on a set of Pirelli Scorpion ATR's.

The higher tire pressure in the rear has to do with how this heavy vehicle handles. Ever see an SUV get out of control after making an abrupt lane change at high speed? It starts to wag it's tail from side to side.

The higher tire pressure in the rear helps control oversteer in an abrupt lane change maneuver.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635