Tire selections 19"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, unless the Bridgestone rep tells my guy something different on Monday, the Dueler Alenza HL is not yet in the supply stream for 255/55/19 (none available in Michigan per one retailer today, supporting what a call to the company suggested on Friday).

In that case, I'm going to experiment with a set of Toyo Open Country HT. I read so much negative about the Mich, Pirelli and GY choices that this seems like it can't be worse. My tire guy likes it based upon other sales he's made in different fitments. Won't even have a quote until Monday, but I see it for $216 to $180 + S/H online.

http://www.toyoeditor.com/opencountryht.html

I'll post my final local price next week.

jmich9

Reaction score
Michelin 19's

We just put the Synchrones on my wife's LR3. What a difference (we had the OEM Goodyears)!!!!!!!! The truck is now quiet and true. I would recommend these anytime.

We live in Michigan as well.

uspurs

Reaction score
Agree re the GYs - had them on a RR and then changed to the Synchrones, what a difference!
Anyone tried the Conti Cross Contacts on an LR3? I have to get rid of the stock GYs, they're dreadful.

Thanks, John

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, unless the Bridgestone rep tells my guy something different on Monday, the Dueler Alenza HL is not yet in the supply stream for 255/55/19 (none available in Michigan per one retailer today, supporting what a call to the company suggested on Friday).

In that case, I'm going to experiment with a set of Toyo Open Country HT. I read so much negative about the Mich, Pirelli and GY choices that this seems like it can't be worse. My tire guy likes it based upon other sales he's made in different fitments. Won't even have a quote until Monday, but I see it for $216 to $180 + S/H online.

http://www.toyoeditor.com/opencountryht.html

I'll post my final local price next week.

let me/us know what you think about them. I'm thinking about them as an option for when I get rid of the GYs.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah...go for it. Get the Toyo's and let us know how they perform; the more options the better. So far the Michelins have been fine. I have personally never owned a set of Michelins that got fewer than 100,000 miles...and that was on a 4400 lb. SUV. I expect excellent performance from the Synchrones.

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hollywood, I read your interesting post. You have 19's, too, right?

I actually called Vredestein and an older-sounding applications guy told me that these are winter tires when I asked about all-season use. In contrast, I have a set of Nokian WR for an Audi that specifically carries the Alpine Severe Weather symbol for winter tires, but are designed for all-year-long use as an all-season tire (I use them only for winter, though, and Nokian does not yet make a tire for the LR3 19s). The Wintrac 4 Extreme bills itself as a winter use tire, and a summer counterpart also designed by Giugiaro also exists. What contrary information did you have about them, and how do they seem to be holding up over the 6 weeks since you got them (and driving from the middle coast to the west coast!)?

Hollywood LR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hollywood, I read your interesting post. You have 19's, too, right?

I actually called Vredestein and an older-sounding applications guy told me that these are winter tires when I asked about all-season use. In contrast, I have a set of Nokian WR for an Audi that specifically carries the Alpine Severe Weather symbol for winter tires, but are designed for all-year-long use as an all-season tire (I use them only for winter, though, and Nokian does not yet make a tire for the LR3 19s). The Wintrac 4 Extreme bills itself as a winter use tire, and a summer counterpart also designed by Giugiaro also exists. What contrary information did you have about them, and how do they seem to be holding up over the 6 weeks since you got them (and driving from the middle coast to the west coast!)?

I have put over 7k and they look like new ........ I read about someone in NE that had them on all year round on his Range Rover SC and put over 40k on them .... also spoke with the vendor IL and they run them all year also on there VW and LR

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thread jack - Hollywood, I saw an OEM Tier One supplier that offers its heated seat retrofit kit for the aftermarket. Nice kit, not very costly. I'll report later, but I'm installing a powered unit from the biggest OEM supplier of lumbar support kits to rectify the 2006 omission of this feature. Not very costly.

jazzy_james

Reaction score
We just put the Synchrones on my wife's LR3. What a difference (we had the OEM Goodyears)!!!!!!!! The truck is now quiet and true. I would recommend these anytime.

We live in Michigan as well.

My car is about 2 years old now and it's driving a little noisier than before. Is that normal? When I drive or coast at low speed, is just noisy. Is that the tires? Can it be the brakes? I don't think so since I'm not braking. Any help is appeciated. I have stock Goodyear tires.

Should I bring my car in for a check up?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4