Tire Wear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A

andyv

I am on the same predicament as yours. I got the same response even with the mention of the following TSB:

No.LA204-008
31 July 2006
Subject/Concern: Discovery 3/LR3 - Uneven Tire Wear
Models: Discovery 3 / LR3 Vin range: 5A300259-6A403382
Markets: All
Section: 204-00"
Repair/Claim Coding:
Causal Part: ALGN4W
ACES Condition Code: W6
Defect Code: "

LRNA's District Manager said it's a normal wear and tear bec. of the current mileage at 24,000. I asked them that I noticed this issue when it was at 12000 miles last March 2006 and that my VIN# is within the range of affected vehicles. They said all could do is to file it to their Appeals Board. I am contemplating of getting a legal counsel. If the abnormal wear happens again, (strike three), i think it's considered a lemon per TX lemon law.

This is my fourth LR vehicle since 1995. (RR,FL,Disco, LR3). LR Service Centers nowadays is like going to a Ford Center. nobody knows what a customer service is -

J

JohnnieMiami

Well since LNRA is not listening....maybe it's time we all take it to Motor Trend or some of the other mags that all manufacturers hope to receive rewards from. Ideally, someone has contact names for some of these different magazines so that the same person gets all the complaints/stories.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
roverman said:
p.s. I am very seriously considering parking my '99 Range rover out front at the dealer with a list of the couple dozen things wrong with it BETWEEN the end of warranty and 75k miles, maybe my own Visa commercial
1.) Heater core O ring $1100
2) Valve Job $3000
3.) Torque Convertor $2500
4.) Water Pump $700
5.) Display failing
6.) Hood latch broken
7.) Air suspension failing
8.) Suspension squeaking louder than i could possibly explain
9.) Suspected worn wrist pin (loud ticking from bottom of engine) in engine that would cost what, $5000?

Well, I think you just sold me on the extended warranty!

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'll try again...
It's not the cost of the tires because I probably would have bought new ones anyway for the winter - because the HPs stink so badly.
It's not the cost of the alignment, which is $65 at the local tire place that LR takes it to anyway.
IT'S THE PRINCIPLE!
BTW, I saved the worn HP's and will be putting them back on when i turn it in. So they will have to buy 4 new tires anyway to resell it. I hope they will appreciate that.

A

andyv

Roverman -

That's what I am after, too! It's not the money, it's the PRINCIPLE! Worst thing is, they (dealer and LRNA) do NOT even acknowledge the existence of that damned TSB! and I did not even see it on my receipt that the applied it.

Oh well, there goes my rant again. :(

AndyV
LR3 SE7

A

andyv

JonnieMiami -

Let me know and I will be with you. I think we need to form a group and file a class action (appeal, suit, whateve) to LRNA Appeals Board or BBB or Motor Trend, JD Powers.

andyv

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo