Tires for the on-road guy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lilredpo

Reaction score
I know, another tire thread. I've search and found a lot of great info on off road and multi purpose tires.

We live in New England and are looking for a good all-season tire. The most action we see is on-road snow and ice traveling between Massachusetts and Vermont in the winter.

Sorry, no off-road adventures. So higher mileage, low noise, decent winter traction would be the goal.

I've been looking at Pirelli Scorpion ATR, Toyo Open Country A/T or the Yohohama Geolander H/T-S, but open to anything.

Thanks for your comments!

Ray

photodisco

Reaction score
i am in the same boat looking for tires(19's) mainly for the road and have a hard time deciding. I can tell you that I have the Yokohamas for my Disco II and can't be happier. Got 65k out of my first set and they were very quiet to the end. Just put on my second set. If they made this tire for the 19's i would buy them in a heartbeat.

cdodkin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the suggestion from my Rover dealer, who had great success with Toyo STII on Range Rovers.

I've had the STII on the LR3 for 25,000 miles now - best tire I've had

Quiet, great grip, no more droning at highway speeds.

I'll be buying again, but at 25k the tires sill have tons of tread left!

http://toyotires.com/tire/pattern/proxes-st-ii

Last edited:

vladyshka13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drive on yokohama geolander h/ts, about 10k now and still no signs of wear. I live in upstate NY, so the winter are nasty here. Very pleased with this tires. This is not my first set of yokohama, i have them on my other cars. My favorite tire.

vladyshka13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a normal all season tire. I wouldn't say they loud, but there is significant difference between factory Goodyear. Good handling in dry or wet, snow, no problem. I went off road couple of times, nothing extreme, tires handle it with ease. I am very happy with my choice.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635