To powder coat or not to powder coat....?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this one sorry it didn't work the first time

Attachments

• n1124461667_30925073_1083.jpg
    n1124461667_30925073_1083.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 151

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet, btw i just remembered that it was your rig that made me go with my current set up with the same rack (minus off road bar around the lights) + 4 hella 4000 compacts

Randall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah the 4000's i have don't really point correctly how are those compacts working out for you. Any clearance issues?

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love um', they are a true pencil beam and no clearance issues, they sit only a couple inches above the rack.

huelsmma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the turn around time on the powder coating? I too am buying Cooper Zeons next week and now u have me pondering powder coating.

cbboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the turn around time on getting mine powder coated was about 5 days. the total for four wheels was $260, i believe. not cheap, but i really didn't want to mess with rattle canning them myself as we just sold our house and moved into a temporary apartment without a real garage or driveway to work in (i have a closet full of rover crap now). what made the powder coating a bit pricey was the sand blasting before the powdercoat, which was half the price. since getting it done, i have gotten a few chips in the coating from some rocky trails. in retrospect, i probably would have saved the cash and taken the time to spray paint them myself, but they do look really good!

huelsmma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stupid question...what the he'll am I supposed to do with my lr3 without wheels and tires for 3 days? Jack stands? Then I run into another problem...my garage ceiling with door is too low to jack up the lr3 that high on all fours!

huelsmma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i dropped off my car with the new zeons to be mounted along with the rims to be painted matte black...get a call from the shop apparently they use floor jacks for their exotic cars and none of their jacks can get it up high enough to take off the wheels. Now back to drawing board as to what to do. It was great bc they were going to keep my car there so i didnt have to leave it on stands at my house.

SoCal LR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stupid question...what the he'll am I supposed to do with my lr3 without wheels and tires for 3 days? Jack stands? Then I run into another problem...my garage ceiling with door is too low to jack up the lr3 that high on all fours!

the clearance problem is with the door up, right? well, worst case scenario is you pull the LR3 in, close the door, UNPLUG THE GARAGE DOOR MOTOR, jack up the LR3, take the wheels out through the side door, and then reverse the process when you get them back.

does that work?

huelsmma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply...after hours searching i actually found a local company where i dropped off the lr3 this morning and they are going to keep it on their lift (thank god they had an open lift) while they powder coat my wheels and then mount my new zeons on and will be completed mid day wednesday.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo