Tonga green bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello guys!
I was curious regarding the bumper. If I want to do a face-lift and fit my Tonga Green LR3 with the new headlamps and rear lights etc. should I buy an LR4 bumper and paint it or can one get it in this colour?

Last edited:

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since there aren't any Tonga LR4s, I imagine you'd have to paint it. seems like a lot of expense to me, but if it makes you happy then go for it! And post pics :)

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah that's what I thought I just wanted to be sure...

ahmm I'm not sure if I'll do it, I know it is a load of expense but I look at it this way:
90% of people spend their first job's money on a car after graduating (I'm on the last semester). That's the biggest expense a recent college graduate has.
I already have 2 cars and one of them is the LR3 with only 64k miles, so instead of buying yet another car I may just throw a few (around 3,000 usd or less) bucks into the LR3 and drive it for some more years looking amazing!

Personally I don't care that much but the new look can't hurt

Last edited:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think that changing the lights and bumper is going to impact your career.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It could hurt....
Anyone who knows enough to know that those lights and tail lights are LR4, will also know as soon as they look at the interior that it's just a dressed up LR3, thus making you a poser, trying to impress with stuff, rather than with substance. You might as well by a Fiero and dress it up like a Testarossa while you're at it. I'd personally be significantly more impressed if you got out of a VW and proceeded to put me in some fantastic investments than if you had LR4 tail lights.

Besides, I think the LR3 lights (tail lights at least) are far far better looking.

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gosh I just asked if the bumper was available in tonga green! And clearly said "IF I want to do a face-lift".
That doesn't mean I will do it.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While Roverman's response may be just a teensy bit over-the-top... :) ....he has a point.

Spend your money on good stuff (armor, tires, etc) rather than bogus-LR4 stuff. Besides...the LR3's exterior looks better than the LR4's.

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hahaha it is indeed a bit over the top but I am sure roverman means it in a good way, I of course get what he says and mostly share his point of view. (Even tho if carmakers do a face-lift why shouldn't one? they don't bother on designing a new car why should one bother buying it?)
Anyhow,of course I've got a list of upgades well more important than some lights and bumpers and I'll spend the money on those, as stated on the first post: I was just curious...

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL, I was indeed just funnin' with you. You know, devil's advocate and stuff! Any Rover is a great rover of course....unless it's riding dubs! (did I say that correctly?)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink