Totaled 2000 D2 -- Scrap or part out?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T

TTjr

How amazing to have a 3 mph crash and total out a 94,000 mile Disco II in great shape-- a front clip from junkyard $4200 + $3000 labor and now the vehicle is totaled. It needs left fender, aprons, radiator support, hood,/// but the airbag did not deploy, still drivable, no radiator leak etc but proper repair would include radiator, A/C condensor... photos on request. We paid $10,500 two years ago now insurance value $10,400 after deduction. not bad but how sad to see a very fine piece of equipment go to the bone yard. OH well -- It has 18 inch wheels with new tires.

So if anybody thinks I should consider keeping the hulk to part it out then let me know otherwise I just take the cash and let the insurance company towtruck haul it away. I have some new un-installed parts that I'll offer for sale somehow soon-- basically just a full set of land rover coolant hoses and a couple gallons of landy antifreeze.

Thanks,
TT

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
A 3 mph crash did this?

Let the insurance buy it, and offer then $500 to leave it, if you have the room and part it out.

garnerdog

Reaction score
I had a 240 volvo that was hit on the front fender. the accident peeled the fender back, bending the inner fender well. the insurance totalled it, paid me for the car and let me keep it for $100.00. we sold it to a friend, for 400, they did a cheap (read used fender on the outside, hammer on the inside) the car is still on the road two years later. you may ask what you would have to give to keep it, perhaps less than $500. steve

F

fbrems

That's why I have a bull bar fitted, home fabricated out scaffolding pipes and a rear steel angle frame fixed on a modified towing frame. In Europe you are not allowed to modify your truck with non genuine parts, but I assume the US is a bit more free on this subject. In UAE nobody care how or what you modify, just remove it when going for the car periodic inspection. I had already several saloon cars smashed in my back (local drivers knows only the gas peddle) an on one occasion I bumped accidentally an other from the road. Except the paint from the bumpers, my Disco remains in shape. Follow the advice from Joey, and let us know when you start selling parts, I need a lot of them. (LOL)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4