Tow bar key

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I bought my 05 HSE, it came with an attached tow bar. The stealership is claiming that they can't locate the keys. Anyone have any suggestions on how I can get a key for the tow bar? Thanks

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ask your dealer who they go when they have to have a key made. I had a local locksmith (Allied Fire & Security is PDX) make a couple of keys for my cross bars. They were even able to look up the key code on the lock cylinder to make it (Although they could have easily just made the key for it...
Ryan
05 V8SE

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck with your locksmith hunt. I've not been able to find one in our area, and we have some damn fine locksmiths. Sure they can make the Thule keys (thats what the cylinders are on the LR bars), but shoot, you can by a set of 2 for like $7. online.
If you find a locksmith consider the cost. Land Rover doesn't list the keys, and even states it in Microcat that they only come w/ the handle (KNW500010), It is held on with a roll pin that takes some concentration to remove. Cost of handle w/ keys, about $20.00.
Cheers!

Just thought of this, if you know the key code, (stamped on lock,) you could get lucky, and the dealer-supplied handle might be the same, no need to install, just use the keys.

Cheers - still!

Last edited:

Kenjengrif

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I broke one of mine off in the handle, so now I'm very careful with the remaining key.

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's very easy, go to your dealer and buy a replacement lock assembly, they are not expensive.

It will make sense from there.:albertein

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635