Trailer wire harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BazLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Noob's second question.

The LR3 which I am buying this week does not have a hitch installed. I need to tow a 6000 trailer and will need the wiring. My trainler has 5 straight pins. Which harness would be most suitable for my needs? Do all LR3s come prewired form the factory (fingers crossed?)

Thanks.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Noob's second question.

The LR3 which I am buying this week does not have a hitch installed. I need to tow a 6000 trailer and will need the wiring. My trainler has 5 straight pins. Which harness would be most suitable for my needs? Do all LR3s come prewired form the factory (fingers crossed?)

Thanks.

Only the ones with the tow package come wired. You can buy the harness from your local Land Rover retailer and it is simply plug and play (very easy with the included directions). It will have a 7pole and 4pin plug. You can buy an adapter at many autoparts stores to go from 7 to what ever you need... Of course this is the us harness if you are anywhere else I'm not sure what plug assembly comes on the harness

vladyshka13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hitch and wiring

I bought used hitch on ebay, and wiring from AtlanticBritish.com or BritishAtmantic, don't remember, Cheaper then a dealer and the same outcome.

BazLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought used hitch on ebay, and wiring from AtlanticBritish.com or BritishAtmantic, don't remember, Cheaper then a dealer and the same outcome.

Hi there, thanks for the tip, is it also plug and play?

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is. It is the same OEM part, just 1/2 as much.

vladyshka13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In order to connect the wiring you need to disconnect plastic connectors at the end of the wires in your LR3. It was not in instructions, so it took me some time to figure this out.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo