tranny thunk in reverse - part 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whiskeynipple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so I replaced all u-joint (4) - (boy was that fun-need workbench and lift)
it did decrease the thunk quit a bit - dont really hear the kickback like I did before (after accelorating and then letting off the gas)
it still has a bit of a thunk going into reverse but seems to only be bad when facing down an incline
some people have told me that its supposed to thunk when going into reverse...is that true? and ifso to what degree?

I also noticed while under the truck that there was some play with the drive shafts installed - like the loose linkage was in or from the tranfser case/tranny or axle (as they are connected and I dont have x-ray vision-not sure which)
I have removed and re-installed a (not this one) tranny before and Ive noticed that there is some play between the axle/transfercase - - ie when under the vehicle one could twist the drive shaft a little back and forth-that is what the rover did

any ideas
thanks
chris

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
A little noise is normal... a lot in not. Could also just be some minor play in the transfer case, but should be an issue unless it gets real bad.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90