under 15k miles, you get alignment and tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

techboydino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI, in case you didnt know already.
For anyone that is under 15k miles on your LR3, I was told today that LR will replace the tires and perform the alignment under warranty. Apparently a new service bulletin. I do not know if you can back date that or use it for previous tire issues. I am at 14,*** miles and my tires are pretty trashed. The service representative told me to make sure that I would not be over 15k miles when I brought it in. Looks like you get another set of goodyears, but at least you get an alignment and some fresh tires. Ill let you know how it goes.

nickwest

Reaction score
I just had my 2005 LR3 in for its 22,000 mile service and was told I need new tires and an alignment. Tires are $1,400 including alignment. Do you know who you talked to about getting replacements? I wonder if I missed the window?

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the 'uneven tire wear' TSB (& it's not that new), primarily for poor inside wear on the rear tires. If impacted, they'll probably pro-rate the tires. (They aren't donating free rubber to you, in other words.) TSB LA204-008, 2005-2006 VIN range: 5A300259-6A403382

If you are 'close' to the mile range, you might have a chance... especially if you reported uneven wear when you first experienced it.

techboydino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cant say that I know for sure. From what I was told, LR will replace (not pro-rate) my tires if they have uneven wear due to mis-alignment. You'll have to contact your service rep, but they told me the "new" bulletin allows for the tires to be replaced under warranty. He stressed that 15k miles was the cutoff. It could be up to the dealership, Im just going by what I was told.

AlpharettaRK

Reaction score
I have tires that are wearing unevenly, and at 11,000 miles I got a free alignment and told that only one of the tires was worn badly enough to qualify for warranty coverage. The "coverage" was the offer of 50% pro-rata on the 1 tire. The dealers "50% off" price is about what you can buy one outright for at Tire Rack. I probably did myself a disservice by bringing it in and getting the alignment done. If I had waited closer to 15k more of the tires would have been "bad enough" to get the pro-rate deal. I changed the oil myself so I took it in just for this issue. And they said the 1 tire was on backorder and they would call me when it comes in. That's almost 2 months ago, I'm not expecting a call. I figure I'll worry about it at 14,999 miles.

P

Peter.P

Tires

Mine is at 16,000 miles and I have to replace the tires this week. LR agreed to pay 1/2, which they say is $900. The dealer told me that they will only do this for cars with less than 18,000 miles. They also told me that they require the vehicle for the entire day. Maybe they are beginning to take this seriously??

fridaydriver

Reaction score
My LR3 has 15,*** and the dealer told me they would replace one of the 4 bad tires and would only charge me $375 (***?) so I passed on this great deal and bought 4 Avon tires from tire rack for $440 and Land Rover did the alingnment for free. On a side note, when picked the car up at the stealer they forgot to raise the LR3 from the lower locked position and I could not take the car home until the service goes came in on Monday. My dealer in Peabody Ma. USA is awful. My average is 3 trips to the stealer per incident! by the way the Avon's are quite and look good. I can not report on the wear since I only had them for under 1,000 miles.

nickwest

Reaction score
Spoke with a Brian from Land Rover and he feed me a bunch of crap about the tires not being under warranty and that 25,000 miles is the life of the tires. What a crock they know this is a conistent problem and continue to disatisfy customers on this issue. I am starting to rethink being a life long land rover customer if this is how I am going to be treated.

techboydino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i spoke to my dealer today about my 15k service and all the issues i brought up. i really picked even the smallest things apart and they are handling it all fully under warranty. they are aligning and replacing the rear tires absolutely free, fully covered under warranty. the fronts that i stated were cupping will get rotated and sent to the rear. i have to say that the dealer really did me right so i have no complaints. sorry for the rest of you that had different luck, maybe research another dealer.

P

Peter.P

I just took my LR3 back for tires at 17k. Dealer told me that LR will pay money upto 18. Also the TSB LA204-008 was recently updated 3 weeks ago and is more favorable towards the owner. I have to take mine back on Tuesday as they mixed up my appointment today. I will let you know how it went.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nico3dd