Uneven Brake Pad Wear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mayodotcom

Reaction score
When replacing my brakes, I notice that my left, rear wheel had uneven brake pad wear. The inside pad (closest to the brake piston) was almost gone, while the outside pad still have plenty of pad left. All other wheels were very close in wear.

Should I do something about this? I've heard it mentioned that if the outer pad wears faster, then it could be the slider bolts sticking, but if the piston (inner) side pad wears then it could be a sticking piston. Since the entire caliper can slide around on those slider bolts, that doesn't seem to make much sense to me.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

BTW, I'm a newbie on this board (first post, actually) and I searched for this question before posting. If I've missed it or some sort of FAQ that has this type of answer documented, apologies in advance.

2006 LR3 HSE V8

-Kevin

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's usually an indication of a caliper that's sticking. Sometimes the fix is as simple as lubricating the piston, hard to know for sure though.

kingfishgrapeja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out your slides and if they move freely then I would suspect the piston or possibly (not likely) a kinked brake line. I bet it's the pins/slides though.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9