Uneven rear tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tranhuy

Reaction score
Hello All,
I'm new to this forum. Just signed up today.
Range Rover 2002; 4.6
My problem: my rear tires wore uneven. Took it to tires shop for alignment and the tech couldn't find what the problem was. Those were brand new tires just 6 months ago. The ride is really choppy because of the uneven rear tires.
Please advice.
Thank you.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
What type tires and who makes them... could just be a tire issue.

tranhuy

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Joey. I'm sure that's not the issue. I replaced 4 tires (Goodyear Eagle) at the same time about 6 months ago. Only the back tires have issue; the front tires still look brand new.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably you need an alignment. Make sure its a LR dealer or a indie shop that specializes in LRs

tranhuy

Reaction score
I have lifetime alignment and did it 2 days ago. My next step is to bring to RR dealer for diagnostic. Thanks for all your help.

tranhuy

Reaction score
Brought it to another shop and replaced the 2 rear shocks. The guy took the old shocks out, clearly both shocks have no juice left on them to spring. That explains the uneven spot on the 2 rear tires.
The mechanic disconnected the battery to check on other things and now I have all kind of warning messages: window needs reset, sunroof needs reset, etc...
What do I need to do to reset those warning messages? 2002 Range Rover; 4.6 HSE; Rhino Edition.
Thanks in advance!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry about the shocks... I guess I should have asked how many miles on the RR.

Reset is easy... open windows and hold the button open for 3 second after it stops... then close windows hold button for 3 second after it stops... do this for all windows and the sunroof.

tranhuy

Reaction score
Joey,
I was able to reset all windows. Thank you very much.
I couldn't do the same with the sunroof though. I tried 3 times with the same instructions but couldn't get rid of the warning message "sunroof is not set." I tilt the sunroof and hold for 3 seconds then close it and hold for 3 seconds. The same was applied for open/close sunroof...don't know what else to do.
Can you please send the instruction to reset the key if you have it? I can't seem to lock/unlock the car. It was working before the battery was disconnected.
Thanks in advance.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Key IIRC is with key in the door, lock the door then press the lock button. then unlock and press the unlock button... but I can't be sure of this...

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Found it.

resynchronize the key -- just stick it in the lock and lock/unlock the door, then press the remote controls.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM