Update on various things from the past...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A

ayavner

... well, since I have asked so many questions here and gotten lots of good advice, thought I would update the group...

whining noise: thought to come from ACE pump. changed out filter and fluid, didn't seem to make a difference.. perhaps a bit quieter. Methinks its normal, its not really intrusive, just seemed like it after I bought it and didn't know what to expect.

oil/filter: Went with Amsoil 5/30 (I am in TX). Feels good so far. Used the Seafoam for a flush before and BOY did that stuff come out BLACK.

engine treatment: followed the advice of lots of fellow posters and sucked a can into the manifold and let it sit for a bit. Hehehe I wish I could have taken a picture when i took off a little later... such a smoke cloud i couldn't see my way thru it!

anyway, it might be my imagination, but it does seem to run smoother and has a little better acceleration.

Will update on my mileage report after a few fill-ups to see if this has any effect whatsoever on my mpgs

later, y'all!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99