Upgrading compressor questions on reflash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waspjr123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the compressor finally gave out now i am looking at the newest upgrade eas kit and apparently it needs to get a reflash after before the new pump will even operate any ever done this ?

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have a Gap Diagnostic II-D tool, you can flash for either version of pump. Otherwise it's a trip to dealer or a repair that has a test book computer

Every Day is a Good Day Surfing...Some are just Better Than Others

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

waspjr123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have a Gap Diagnostic II-D tool, you can flash for either version of pump. Otherwise it's a trip to dealer or a repair that has a test book computer

Every Day is a Good Day Surfing...Some are just Better Than Others

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What's the best place to pick a diagnostic tool up ? And thanks

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lucky 8 or Atlantic British carry them. They are made in Canada and distributed by BritParts. I have the Bluetooth version that works with your iPad or iPhone. A lifesaver...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

waspjr123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lucky 8 or Atlantic British carry them. They are made in Canada and distributed by BritParts. I have the Bluetooth version that works with your iPad or iPhone. A lifesaver...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool very interesting thanks :)

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To expand on Jim's post above, the Bluetooth version will also work with most Android devices fitted with BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) 4.0 or higher, although the app interface is more basic for now than the one designed for iPhones / iPads. I have a Droid Maxx phone and Nexus 7 tablet, and IIDTool works perfectly fine with both.

waspjr123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To expand on Jim's post above, the Bluetooth version will also work with most Android devices fitted with BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) 4.0 or higher, although the app interface is more basic for now than the one designed for iPhones / iPads. I have a Droid Maxx phone and Nexus 7 tablet, and IIDTool works perfectly fine with both.

But they won't flash new software that LR has onto the ecm's
And if so you wouldn't have access to the files correct ?

waspjr123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i put the newest amk eas compressor kit in it was easy and man what a difference in pump size
90e7e3ffb345f922226c124d9c450cfe.jpg

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just order my IID tool Bluetooth version from island 4x4 comes up to 530 with shipping.

goinsurfin

Reaction score
I'm coming up close to replace my EAS. where did you source yours? Sounds like you did a DYI.
Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM