Valve body diagrams needed!!! Help!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

imgcars

Reaction score
Hi all. We have a small dilemma here.My tech has the transmission out of a 1999 Range Rover and when he removed the valve body,he split it and of course all the small orifices fell out. Any idea where i can find a diagram of where they all go before my tech throws this unit on the ground. Thanks in advance for any help.
Mike

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Wish I could help, but my repair manual doesn't go into that much detail of the valve body... go by your local LR dealer and ask if you can make a copy of those pages... in most cases they will help you out.

imgcars

Reaction score
Thanks for replying Joey. Unfortunately i did ask my local dealer for assistance(where we spend quite a bit of money monthly) but was told they could not assist us. Not the most helpful(or independent friendly) people,but what are ya gonna do?. I'll keep looking. Thanks again.
Mike

imgcars

Reaction score
Ok this one is repaired. I got very lucky at the World Pac forums and was informed the 88-89 7iseries BMW's used the same transmission(or very very close) and to look up the info for that vehicle on alldata. Low and behold,sure enough. 89 7 series had valve body diagrams for 2 different transmissions,4hp22 and 4hp24 and the 24 did the trick. Thanx for the replys and messages. Will keep checking these forums daily in case i can ever help you guys. Thanks again.
Mike

sandman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
please tell me you didnt have a 0734,0733 code in the computer.

that is a fourth gear and fifth gear monitoring code.

it actually is caused by a bad maf sensor.

you can tell because the ECM has a lean code or even a rich code in it.

we rarely rarely replace transmissions in the older land rovers. Last transmission replacement was a good three years ago.

and seriously if you are going to work on Land Rovers alot more please please, sign up for land rover GTR access. It gives you all the info that you cant get anywhere else.

you will cost yourself more money and labor instead of finding quicker fixes and buying parts and sending them back to the dealer.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112