Very excited...I'm stuck at work and wife couldn't wait. She's buying the LR3 now....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drew888

Reaction score
Hello all...

Second post and glad to be here!

My wife has wanted a decent replacement for our Mercedes ML and let me tell ya, it's not easy finding a medium sized replacement (third row is mandatory).

For a more upscale ride there is nothing else to choose from. The ML has been great. We have been on many a road trip and 22mpg (v6), 70 something grandparents w/kids in the 3rd row and loved it.

Now it's time for a change and we are excited about it.

She is at the dealership now signing the paperwork.

Wht/blk interior HSE.

Can't wait to get home and take it for a drive !!

Drew,

discothree

Reaction score
Congrats!

I did the same last year as well. (from an ML to the LR3)

Loved the ML but love this vehicle even more. Sure it has its quirks but you'll enjoy it nonetheless.

Good Luck!

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just the other day my wife commented on my LR3. We we're driving in the rain and it was leaking like Robert Novack. Anyway she said, "Monday morning please feel free to trade this fuc*ing piece of **** in on anything you want". Anyway congratulations, I hope your wife likes yours 2,500,124 times more then my wife likes mine! Then she'll just deplore it's existence.

Mazel Tov!

Last edited by a moderator:

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
askewed said:
Just the other day my wife commented on my LR3. We we're driving in the rain and it was leaking like Robert Novack. Anyway she said, "Monday morning please feel free to trade this fuc*ing piece of **** in on anything you want". Anyway congratulations, I hope your wife likes yours 2,500,124 times more then my wife likes mine! Then she'll just deplore it's existence.

Mazel Tov!

That's not too bad, askewed. It took you less than a day to sh*t all over someone's positive post. Well done!

Maybe I should just turn ON my Mozilla "Bitter LR Owner Filter"... now how do I work this thing.... :biggrin:

I love my LR3. Great looking, great performing. Although askewed bashing aside, I do have to admit that it wouldn't be a qood car for my wife. Its great for me, but you unfortunately have to be able to diagnose the occasional error codes and misbehaving that occur and decide if you really care about this one or not. 99% of any I receive are reset by turning the car off or just plain ignored, but the wife would be more bothered and concerned about these things. I just love the vehicle and stockpile away my complaints for the scheduled service visits. :) (all problems have been resolved by LR, by the way)

Drew888

Reaction score
Alright so...first lesson is to take Askewed with a grain (bucket) of salt...done.

Little things shouldn't bother us. Were were first yr. owners of the ML back in 98' and made many trips to the dealership. Still love the ML. It's gas milage, street handling, brakes, all w/a third row...awesome!

We are really excited about the LR so that shouldn't be a problem as long as the problems remain "little ones".

I thought the wife would have brought it home but with our kids requiring so much attention during the weekdays (kids are 6 & 8) we cannot pick it up until this Sat.

I also start a new job this Mon. & I'm excited about that. I may go buy a new car for me as well...Hmmmm what to get?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to hanging out here.

Take it easy!!

Drew

Last edited:

JohnKel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
askewed said:

Mazel Tov!
Congrats Askewed, once again you've rained on somebodys parade ... that may make you happy as H**L, but it gets tiresome so why not trade the POS and get something else...after all you now have your wifes permission so go for it!!!

Cheers
John

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do your ovaries ache when you guys cry like this?

Seriously, if a grown man can be effected by an anonymous persons joke about their car (to the degree that all of your moaning proports) then that man has a serious mental problem not to do with me. Meanwhile the poster doesn't seem upset at all...

Geez... You'd think it would be helpful to know that the light fixtures in the LR3 pop right out and that the whole left accomadates a very absorbent towel.

and

A few of you may be helped by this link...

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=sarcasm&x=0&y=0

G

geowgray

toddjb122 said:
That's not too bad, askewed. It took you less than a day to sh*t all over someone's positive post. Well done!

Maybe I should just turn ON my Mozilla "Bitter LR Owner Filter"... now how do I work this thing.... :biggrin:

I love my LR3. Great looking, great performing. Although askewed bashing aside, I do have to admit that it wouldn't be a qood car for my wife. Its great for me, but you unfortunately have to be able to diagnose the occasional error codes and misbehaving that occur and decide if you really care about this one or not. 99% of any I receive are reset by turning the car off or just plain ignored, but the wife would be more bothered and concerned about these things. I just love the vehicle and stockpile away my complaints for the scheduled service visits. :) (all problems have been resolved by LR, by the way)
I aggree I love my 2005 SE V8, but you have to have total patience. You correct almost all faults have been remedied with a reset of the ignition switch. My first Land Rover and certainly not my last. You will not find a match.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM