Voltmeter / USB charge port install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pfunk951

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well done sir! It looks great, glad to hear you found the fuse!!

Mike

Frank8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s a very slick-looking flush meter! Worth the effort. It certainly looks a lot nicer than my plug in

Frank

dwizum

Reaction score
Just note, regarding accuracy on the voltage reading - I would suggest checking against a known-good meter to establish a "calibration" offset, when cold and again when warm. They are often a tenth or two off when warm, but I've had a handful of similar meters in vehicles and I've noticed they tend to be further off (half a volt or more sometimes) when the meter itself cold, which might lead to concern about the battery or alternator when in fact it's just an inaccurate reading.

WilkyF28

Reaction score
Reviving this old thread, because it's great!!

Just installed on my 2011 LR4 HSE. Thanks for the tutorial and photos fellas. Had to Dremel the hole up and right just like @Pfunk951 did.

I noticed it gets powered on as soon as you unlock the car, and does not power off until you either lock the car or the 2-minute delay is over. Hope it isn't significant enough over time to drain the battery.

IMG_2835.jpeg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72