WAH WAH under power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lgearing

Reaction score
Okay...2008 LR3 HSE. no mods, have replaced both lower control arms, both wheel bearings and hubs. Still have the wah wah which sounds like it is coming from the front right. It is only under power though, i take my foot off the gas...noise goes away. louder at slower speeds and then it dies out the faster i go. The dealer keeps wanting to replace the wheel bearings which obviously isn't it considering they are brand new and were just replaced...I can't just keep dumping money into the same thing when this isn't the issue...I think it has something to do with the drive shaft but stealer tells me it is fine...
It is really annoying and I can't seem to figure out what it is. I have little mechanic experience and can do very little but I want this noise to stop. It has now also started to make my front right outer tire to start wearing to almost no tread. Alignment has been done after bearings where put in just for me wanting it done...PLEASE ASSIST if you can...IM FRUSTRATED! and to top it off...my key just died! :hmpf:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Change your diff fluid. If it looks terrible and shows some shavings then it's your diffs and you'll want to change them out. If not, then you probably needed the fluid change anyway.

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, keep us posted, never heard it described as wah wah before, or is that the sound you make when it makes it's sound?

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had both front and rear diff's replaced - both while under the factory warranty. I heard "wah wah" but I felt a different vibration and that came with a different sound. Follow Houm's advice. But if the tire's are wearing abnormally that definitely indicates something there - wheel bearings, hubs, alignment, something. Keep us informed.

lgearing

Reaction score
I have changed my fluids and no shavings, I have had an alignment have had the wheel bearings replaced...still have the noise and thats the noise it makes or sounds like...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM