Want to add Bluetooth but I'm picky

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

macrover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I'll lay down the challenge. I have the 2006 enhanced stereo with 6 CD Changer and phone button but no phone package and no Bluetooth package. So no Steering Wheel controls for voice activation.

I really want to add Bluetooth.

Now the picky part. I don't want to add a non stock looking Parrot or similiar 3rd party kit and I don't want to spend huge dough on the Dealer add on.

Creative suggestions on any other options welcome.....

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I would normally sell these, but have closed down my side business for a while, until my Mom gets down with Chemotherapy.

But my recommendation is http://www.lunaimports.net/servlet/Detail?no=119 I could probably get it cheaper for you than the $109... but not till after I reopen my site. But for the money this is what I would install.

macrover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks but

Thanks Joey. However I have the rain senor assembly and homelink on my stock mirror so this isn't an option for me.

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm super interested in this too and have the same restrictions as macrover (although I have to say that is a pretty cool option from Joey).

We've tried/looked at a couple different options:

1. Parrot Minikit
This was nice, but actually worked too well. My wife's phone was not ringing in the house and we couldn't figure out why - come to find out, it was still connected to the Parrot Minikit in the car. We'd prefer one that is more integrated and is on switched power.

2. Parrot CK3000
This one seemed fairly nice, and we were actually willing to have them put a small hole in one of the empty button spots on the dash (right above the phone button by the stereo), but the installer we talked with said it was not possible to integrate in to the LR's stereo system. This was pretty disappointing - we want it to play through (and mute) the LR's stereo, not use a separate speaker.

-Rich

sandman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
land rover actually has a kit for the bluetooth, check the parts dept. its not easy but they may have to order it from overseas and then install it for you with a new module that fits that.

and no it wont be cheap.

it will match up perfectly and synch with the system with no problems.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635