Warranty free..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, my extended warranty expired for my 2005 HSE.. I brought it in to the stealership for them to exploit whatever was left on my warranty. They kept it for 4 days...the shop manager even took it home (with my consent of course) and noticed a few issues and fixed them for me:
- drive shaft was rubbing against heat shield..
-rear sway bar bushings worn..
-rear diff actuator worn..

I have 112k on it right now.. getting scared that I dont have that protection anymore, not sure what you guys mean by "being free..."

fingers crossed.

bizdack

Reaction score
How does that work? I have a few month left until mine expires this year. Let's not call it "exploit" but "thorough". Do you just tell your service advisor you're warranty is up soon? I hinted along those lines but the particular SA and/or dealership I worked with seemed not to keen when I visited 2 weeks ago. I would have thought they would have went over the vehicle with a fine comb.

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I lasted 3 months without a warranty on my 2005. I couldn't stand waiting for impending doom to occur. Bought a 2012 and am much happier.

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bizdack: I just told my service advisor at my dealership that my warranty was coming up and he booked an appointment for me to come in at 4 days before the warranty expired. I left the LR with them and that's what they found wrong..called the warranty provider and made the repairs. They even included a a bumper to bumper inspection for me and found a nail in one of my tires (didnt even notice there was a leak)...

JPTRUCK: It's bugging the crap out of me right now.. whenever I drive I keep thinking I am sensing something wrong.. got me paranoid. Im collecting my soda can and bottles just in case I decide to take your route..

bizdack

Reaction score
Noted, Zulu! Thanks!

Yes I guess that peace of mind is sometimes worth it. I better start collecting soda cans and bottles too

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635