Warranty just expired - big thanks to everyone on this forum!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

macrover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who wrote postings regarding what to do when your warranty is up. Took my 06 LR3 in with 30 miles to spare. Service Manager laughed and said he couldn't believe I stopped for coffee.

Anyway glad I did...they are replacing...Curled Steering Wheel Airbag cover, tie rods, rear differential, flashing the software and giving it a wheel alignment!

Literally a few thousand in things I would have never thought of had I not been reading this forum.

Thanks again. What a great community.

Learth

Reaction score
How did you get them to do an alignment? I have 28k miles on my '06 and all tires are worn on one side. They refused to do the alignment saying it was too late and they don't do alignments under warranty anymore.

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did you get them to do an alignment? I have 28k miles on my '06 and all tires are worn on one side. They refused to do the alignment saying it was too late and they don't do alignments under warranty anymore.
It would have to be part of the tie rod replacement process, right?

Don't think anyone is just going to get a free alignment, unless there were other circumstances.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No kidding...what kind of f'n coffee did you bring them!?!?

Most of the time you have to have some symptoms to complain about before they'll look at that stuff.

yrbender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like it may be time for some of us to take a road trip!! Glad to hear a stealership stepped up. Did you buy and extended warranty or something?

mbc

Reaction score
yes tied rods require re-alignment

It would have to be part of the tie rod replacement process, right?

Don't think anyone is just going to get a free alignment, unless there were other circumstances.

took mine in on the day the warranty expired! meant tie rod, not tied rod

macrover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi yeah.... the alignment was part of the tie rod replacement otherwise it would not have been covered.

For the rear differential I complained of a hollow or light ringing noise...which I actually thought might be a bearing starting to go. Instead they advised it was the rear diff and that Land Rover corp had agreed to replace it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635