Water pump ******

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I can find an OAT like ethylene glycol will have minor effect or slight change in appearance or properties. It says to test before repeated exposure. But... IANAC (i am not a chemist)

mm3846

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, just replaced this on my truck. Is it supposed to just….. sit in there? It doesn’t feel like it really snaps. It comes back out pretty easily.

txfromwi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 & 2015 Houston TX. 2016 Rochester NY
It doesn’t feel like it really snaps. It comes back out pretty easily.

I assume you are talking about that little plastic/brass bit...

It should spin easily, but should not be easy to just pull out.
That little black ring on the water pump must be pushed in to allow the fitting to be pulled out.
It cannot come out on it's own.

Did you put it in far enough (ha, ha !) , but seriously, did you? It does in farther than one would think.
On that photo up above, on the right hand side, it goes all the way in to that little ring/ridge.
That little ring/ridge should be sitting up against the black ring on the water pump.

mm3846

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I assume you are talking about that little plastic/brass bit...

It should spin easily, but should not be easy to just pull out.
That little black ring on the water pump must be pushed in to allow the fitting to be pulled out.
It cannot come out on it's own.

Did you put it in far enough (ha, ha !) , but seriously, did you? It does in farther than one would think.
On that photo up above, on the right hand side, it goes all the way in to that little ring/ridge.
That little ring/ridge should be sitting up against the black ring on the water pump.

It definitely doesn’t go in further, I’ll check again later today. Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99