Water sounds?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P

poolorpond

the sloshing from mine was the result of air in the heater core and its hoses. The important question to ask is why would there be air in the cooling system. Don't let any experts tell you that its the head gaskets.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My sloshing was a bad heater core o ring. $10 part, $990 labor. ouch.

DiscoBall

Reaction score
Gaskets?

the sloshing from mine was the result of air in the heater core and its hoses. The important question to ask is why would there be air in the cooling system. Don't let any experts tell you that its the head gaskets.

I took my '04 Discovery to the dealer because of a coolant leak from the water pump. He said the liquid I hear in the dash is coolant leaking from the top (gaskets). He quoted over $2k to take the head off.

I think I'll go w/ this draining solution first I read about above before I drop a couple G's on this tank.

kat1950

Reaction score
I took my '04 Discovery to the dealer because of a coolant leak from the water pump. He said the liquid I hear in the dash is coolant leaking from the top (gaskets). He quoted over $2k to take the head off.

I think I'll go w/ this draining solution first I read about above before I drop a couple G's on this tank.

If it is air in heater box, easy fix, just use the search option.

saharatj98

Reaction score
Air in the cooling system is the noise, the question is why...My 03 did this at 100k, after a year of trying to find this slow leak, it finally showed itself at the front of the valley pan... Not the most convenient gasket to change on a 4.6 with SA... Have your truck pressure tested if in doubt as to where the leak is. You do not want to risk over heating it. Bad things happen. The most common leak is the TB heater gasket. Most just bypass it. I bypassed mine and didn't even miss it living in the Colorado Rockies one winter a few years ago. They are world trucks and a lot of the stuff is redundant and just cause more problems than they are worth unless you live in extreme conditions and need them. My TB gasket was nearly an annual occurance is why I bypassed it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9