Waterproof seat covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BillB

Reaction score
Yes. Recently put a set of the LR wetnote covers in. Much improved over the earlier design I used in D2! Sides are slit so airbag deployment is unrestricted. I use the LR frequently for scuba diving, covers save the front seats from saltwater exposure. The covers on the rear save those seats from the kids....... The new design is easy to remove, wash, air dry. Brushed fabric face is a vast improvement over the older design.

Bill

Mhaise57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been looking on ebay US and UK and I have noticed there appears to be 2 different OEM seat covers for the LR3. Can anyone else verify this?

shedward

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just thought I'd add my 2 cents on the Wet Okole seat covers. I bought the full set (all 3 rows) for my 2008 LR3 in March 2011 and paid $943 including shipping and the map pockets on the backs of the front seats. FYI - I have the Alpaca leather. I bought the Mocha (Color code: 235) cover with the Charcoal (Color code: 11) piping - THEY LOOK AWESOME!!!!!!! In addition, they fit absolutely perfectly - no doubt…no question. They fit so well (very tight) that it takes a long time to work the covers over the seats. Each head rest has it's own cover…both front arm rests have their own cover…the seats and the seat backs each have their own cover - it takes a while but they fit very, very well and look absolutely factory fresh/made. Just for the front row and 2nd row, there were 17 pieces. I'll post pictures within the next couple of days. The toughest part were the front row seats and working the seat cover straps down/around the underneath side of the seats - lots of wiring to avoid and be cautious of. Email me - [email protected] - if you have any specific questions or leave a message here for all to see. BOTTOM LINE: they are worth the cost…they are worth the effort…they look great!!

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just thought I'd add my 2 cents on the Wet Okole seat covers. I bought the full set (all 3 rows) for my 2008 LR3 in March 2011 and paid $943 including shipping and the map pockets on the backs of the front seats. FYI - I have the Alpaca leather. I bought the Mocha (Color code: 235) cover with the Charcoal (Color code: 11) piping - THEY LOOK AWESOME!!!!!!! In addition, they fit absolutely perfectly - no doubt…no question. They fit so well (very tight) that it takes a long time to work the covers over the seats. Each head rest has it's own cover…both front arm rests have their own cover…the seats and the seat backs each have their own cover - it takes a while but they fit very, very well and look absolutely factory fresh/made. Just for the front row and 2nd row, there were 17 pieces. I'll post pictures within the next couple of days. The toughest part were the front row seats and working the seat cover straps down/around the underneath side of the seats - lots of wiring to avoid and be cautious of. Email me - [email protected] - if you have any specific questions or leave a message here for all to see. BOTTOM LINE: they are worth the cost…they are worth the effort…they look great!!

Can you post some pics? I seem to recall you having a silver LR3 with black interior like I do and I would be curious to see how they look on the black interior.

patsy

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the seat covers allow you to access the 2nd row LATCH hooks for toddler car seats? I'm interested in picking up a full set for my two boys, but wasn't sure if I could still utilize the LATCH system. If not, I suppose I could cut a hole in the seam, but that would not be ideal considering the cost.

metalslug

Reaction score
My Vote, these seem like the nicest ones I have found. Custom fitted, etc.

http://www.escapegear.co.za/

These are nice but to bad they don't have a US distributor. I had OEM covers and they lasted for 1 year and after a wash they fell apart. Aside from being poorly made the fit was horrible. I have an alpaca/beige interior and do lots of sports that attract dirt and I now have a k-9 partner. I'm in need of good covers.

Last edited:

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did find someone who sold them in the US. Shipping for Africa is a quick easy deal with DHL anyway.

In any event, they are listed on this LA based reseller. http://www.equipt1.com

metalslug

Reaction score
I did find someone who sold them in the US. Shipping for Africa is a quick easy deal with DHL anyway.

In any event, they are listed on this LA based reseller. http://www.equipt1.com

Paul at Equipt1 is a fantastic vendor.

Thanks guys for the information I will contact them tomorrow and get a quote. I assume these aren't cheap.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112