Waterproof seat covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goinsurfin

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the waterproof seat covers on their LR3s? I have the alpaca beige seats and want to "kid-proof" them from food, candy, sand from the beach, and any other foreign element that might create wear or serious stains. I condition the leather every couple of months and will continue to do so after I add the seat covers. Looking to go with the sand color for the front and 3 rear seats. I was told the jump seats are not leather and do not require covers.

Thanks for your thoughts.

tamurag

Reaction score
Waterproof seat cover

i bought wet okole seat covers and they work great. i have black seats so i bought black covers with silver piping. they work great as i have a 4 year old with a little one on the way.

i used to have them on my jeep for 10 years and no issues with them.

bgsntth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the seat covers on the rear seats to protect them from my 5 & 7 year old boys. They work very well, are very resistant to stains, and very easy to clean. They are spotless after a year of abuse.

The negatives are they are expensive and they take awhile to put on. I advise you to lay them on the seats before installing, as they are somewhat complex to match to the seat and position- or maybe I'm just an idiot....

timtiedemann

Reaction score
I had the Land Rover seat covers on my 2001 Disco for a bit over 2 years. They showed practically no wear. They were bullet proof, but expensive. I had another set of seat covers that I bought off of the internet for my Tahoe and they only lasted about 6 months before they fell apart and faded. The Land Rover seat cover are the best I have seen. Are they finally selling them again for the LR3? I tried to get them about a year ago and they told me that production was put on hold for some reason.

josh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the LR seatcovers for the front seats of my LR3. My LR3 is black with black interior so I got the green (either green or khaki) seat covers. They were a bit pricy but I like them a lot. The headrests do not fit due to the DVD players in the rear of the head rest but I don't care - I simply put on the seat cover, armrest covers and that is plenty of protection.

I recommend them.

-Josh

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Land Rover seat cover are the best I have seen. Are they finally selling them again for the LR3? I tried to get them about a year ago and they told me that production was put on hold for some reason.

The LR seat covers were causing staining to the leather, so they pulled them off the market. Not sure if they are back out there yet.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do the seat covers address the airbag that is on the side of the seats? (front seats only I believe). Is there a breakaway panel or something to allow the airbag to deploy?

goinsurfin

Reaction score
The LR seat covers were causing staining to the leather, so they pulled them off the market. Not sure if they are back out there yet.

Thanks for the input.

I called LRNA today to see what they had to say about the covers staining the leather seats. The rep told me the dealer could answer that question in detail. The seat covers were available when I called the dealer a week ago for prices.

As for the airbags, I've read that that comply and allow the airbags to deploy if necessary. However, I'm not sure if there is an opening on the side for the bags to deploy. I have not seen them in person yet.

SoCalLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll second the Wet Okole seat covers. They are made specifically for each vehicle. I have them for my other vehicle and they fit very well. They were designed with watersports in mind (i.e. surfing). You chose the colors, pattern, piping, etc. They'll even send you swatches so you can see how they'll match. Again, I don't have these for my LR3, but on our other vehicle and they are very well constructed. They sell for less than $250. They state they make covers specifically for "seat deployed" airbags as well.

www.wetokole.com

pbrover

Reaction score
Tan Custom Waterproof Seatcovers

I had mine made in January 2006. Mine was the 1st LR3 they did. I think it was $450 for all 3 rows. They have saved my seats from my 3 children. Even if they don't list the LR3 on their web page call them because they have the pattern. I was shocked that they got the 3rd row pattern correct.

http://www.autoseats.com/

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM