Weird vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
I had a similar issue, but I off road all the time. When it got up to 75-80 mph it shook pretty bad to the point where my 2nd row seats were visually vibrating. Ended up being a dent on the barrel of the wheel.

16FujiDisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update**

After testing various things, the culprit seems to be parking brake related. I rarely used the e-brake until recently when we purchased a new home with a slope driveway. Each time we parked we engaged the e-brake. That when I started noticing the issue. Sometimes it would be miles down the road before the shudder started, others right after. Since I’ve made room in the new garage to be able to pull in on a flat surface, the issue hasn’t happened again.

Not sure if the e-brake just doesn’t like being reversed right after it’s disengaged; maybe it needs to go into drive before reverse? Not really sure, but thought I’d share my findings.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe try a few hard pulls on the e-brake on a desolate road to re-bed the ebrake pads?

Billy Bignutz

Reaction score
If it is like mine you will find heat marks on the handbrake drum. Mine only ever occurred twice after LR adjusted them but when they were subsequently replaced by another dealer I kept them as evidence and the affected side had the burnish marks from overheating.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM