What Are These Codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RICK MASON

Reaction score
Its Me Again 1997 Disco 4.0 Auto ,179000 Miles On It Have Not Owned It Very Long. Runs Good Until It Warms Up Then It Starts Missing But Still Idels Good.after It Cools Runs Good Again.i Replaced Plugs, Wires,and Cam Position Sensor,ran Seafoam In Engine, did not work.the Engine Has
A Slight Knock ,i'm Thinking Now It Good Be A Knock Sensor
I Think The Knock Sensors And Cam Sensor Work Together
Then The Comp. Makes Adjustments To The Cylinders, But I'm Only Guessing! Can You Help Me With This Problem. Thanks
Here Are The Codes Im Getting 1. P0307 2. P0340 3. 91137 Pending
4.p0300 Pending 5.p1316 Pending

Last edited:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
P0307 Generic Cylinder 7 Misfire Detected
P0340 Generic Camshaft Position Sensor A Circuit (Bank 1 or single sensor)
P1137 Land Rover HO2S Failed To Switch To Rich, Bank "A"
P0300 Generic Random Misfire Detected
P1316 Land Rover Misfire Causing Excessive Emissions

RICK MASON

Reaction score
From These Codes And What I Said About The Disco Runing Good Until It Warms Up. Has Slight Knock In Engine. Replaced Plugs,wires,and Cam Position Sensor,and Ran Seafoam Threw Engine! What Would Be Your Answer To This Problem

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
From looking at these codes and from what you said (depending on type of plugs) also was the issue also before the changes mentioned.

I would say possible bad O2 sensor (I would change both fronts)

Also could be a fuel issue. Check fuel pressure at the fuel rail, also check for bleed down, to make sure it isn't a fuel injector issue.

But since you say it happens only after warm up... I would start with fuel pressure looking toward a possible bad fuel pump.

Slight knock could be anything depending on where it is coming from. I would have to hear it and see where it is coming from (I use a mechanics stethoscope.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635