what did the terra grappler people do

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for their spare? I know Nomad said he deflated one and put it into the spare well. What did the others do (with the 285's)? Did you buy a 5th alloy rim? Keep it inside?

A

AZSTALZ

I still have my original full size 19" with the Goodyear POS on it under the truck. I'm waiting to sell it to someone who ordered an HSE withoout the HD package and wants a full size spare... after that, I'd probably get a 255/55 R18 Terra Grappler and throw it on a V6 rim and stash that under the truck.

Roverine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the smaller 55 profile Terra Grapplers. I gave up 1/2 inch of clearance for a spare that fits and no rubbing whatsoever. So far I have not missed the half inch. (Of course who knows what my wife thinks about this?!!) Nor have I noticed any problems with the inaccuracy of my speedometer.

A

AdvRide

Mine is deflated to about 5 psi and is under the rear. Tow hitch adapter will not fit with that meat under there however. I will probably take the spare out from under there and lash it down to the roof rack if I need to tow or doing any serious off roading. I bought an air pump powered by 12v from the truck that I keep in my recovery bag for inflating should I need it for that or air down / air up. I am hoping by the time these wear out there will be a closer fit to stock so that spare fit interferring with the hitch will be no more.

I too may give the 255's a try next time around if there is nothing else available at that time. The 285's made my speedo dead on accurate. Checked it with one of my GPS's for my motos.

Last edited by a moderator:

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I don't think I want to buy a 'real' wheel just to have as a spare. I wonder, can I get a skinny spare tire that fits my spare wheel, but is 31.5"??

Like I posted on another thread, I may just get the 265-60-18 goodyear wrangler silent armors and keep the spare I have. It seems to have gotten good reviews.

The plan is to run the HP crappers almost all the way down and put em back on when I turn in the lease at 30000 miles. I really didn't expect to have to buy tires with a 2 year lease, but oh well.

Grendal_Fly

Reaction score
AZSTALZ said:
I still have my original full size 19" with the Goodyear POS on it under the truck. I'm waiting to sell it to someone who ordered an HSE withoout the HD package and wants a full size spare... after that, I'd probably get a 255/55 R18 Terra Grappler and throw it on a V6 rim and stash that under the truck.

AZSTALZ, you got PM

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm still using the stock space saver tire, but I plan on getting a full size matching spare loaded up on my roof rack...as soon as I get a roof rack that is :)

For now...AAA to the rescue :)

NW

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112