What does Land Rover do with all of the profits?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J

jackmac

They build things like this:

auto-show-photos.asp

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jwc3

OK, I did some web research and found some more info this thing. It's called the "Land Rover e-Terrain technology concept car."

The Press Release says, in part:

"Land Rover is showcasing a catalogue of innovative technologies – collectively known as the e-Terrain System – that reduce both fuel consumption and CO2 emissions while also improving the outstanding breadth of capability of Land Rover’s 4x4 vehicles."

Here's the link to more info and photos:
http://www.autoblog.com/2006/02/28/geneva-motor-show-land-rover-debuts-e-terrain-technology-concep/

N

NHESS81

....lame......I actually think Land Rover is a non-profit organization! ahah, I really dont know why they are having such money issues, they only have a few models to build in just a few factories yet they sell many models and at high prices--where does the money go? Oh well, hopefully the next generation of LR vehicles are great! I would love an LR3 (in addition to my stout little D1 already), but they are way too expensive and dont look quite mean enough---but, they are still so ****~! I hope this e-Terrain is just a demonstration of possible capability, not a fan of 'future' mobiles! Gotta love the boxy cars and trucks of the late 90s in my opinion!

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its pretty cool looking. Kind of reminds me of what the Terminator version of an LR3 would look like! Same front skid plate, hood front, and similar windshield shape. (okay, the front pictures only...the side pics are a completely different beast)

J

jwc3

I am really glad that Land Rover is looking into alternative propulsion systems. I applaud their efforts. It's the responsible thing to do, and they will be left behind by the competition if they don't.

I sure that the body design would not be implemented as shown here -- seems like a safety issue to have that many openings in the body, and quite cold in the winter. I bet they created an "open" design to make it easier to point to the various technology bits and explain how they work.

Thanks for looking to the future, Land Rover. Makes me proud to be a LR owner.

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jwc3 said:
I sure that the body design would not be implemented as shown here -- seems like a safety issue to have that many openings in the body, and quite cold in the winter.

You're kidding, right?

J

jwc3

askewed said:
You're kidding, right?

No, I wasn't kiding. Look at the thing -- there are no seats in it. Land Rover is not trying to suggest that this would become a production vehicle as is. It's just a demonstration platform for hybrid technology that has been engineered for off-road use. And, I bet the platform is based off of the new Freelander, which will prob. be the first Land Rover to incorporate hybrid technology.

H

Houm_WA

jwc3, askewed asked you if you're kidding because it is so blatantly obvious that this is a demo-platform as you call it that your comments HAD to be a manifestation of your facetiousness...and he just wanted to make sure.

...in other words, DUH

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM