What is the smaller net accessory used for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

neezer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My HSE LR4 came with the protection package, and that included the large cargo tie-down net that lays flat across the cargo floor on the 4 chrome hooks. However I also got a near-identical-looking net, but a smaller version of it. No idea what to do with it. Anyone know? And was this part of the protection package too?

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have what sounds like the same size (smaller) net. I installed it once just to check it out but never saw any use for it so it is stowed in one of the rear cubbies. At first I thought it would come in handy for grocery store runs but with the rubbery LR cargo mat back there, stuff rarely moves around.

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our 2015 HSE Lux (no protection package) came with the little black net. While waiting for delivery I had ordered the larger orange net VUB503130 for $135. Have never user used either as we bought the rigid load space protector which is quite "clingy."

Pfunk951

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My guess is that it is for smaller loads, like a gallon of milk or some books..

Mike

NeilRichard

Reaction score
I have the same question. Where is the smaller net supposed to go? It has four open hooks.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same question. Where is the smaller net supposed to go? It has four open hooks.

You snap it onto the four metal tie-down points (rings) on the floor of your cargo area. If you use the LR rubber cargo mat you'll have to carve out the half-round areas on the mat to expose the rings. I did this once just to see how it fit and whether it offered any utility for me. It didn't.

NeilRichard

Reaction score
You snap it onto the four metal tie-down points (rings) on the floor of your cargo area. If you use the LR rubber cargo mat you'll have to carve out the half-round areas on the mat to expose the rings. I did this once just to see how it fit and whether it offered any utility for me. It didn't.

I did that with the larger net received as part of the protection package. I also received a smaller net whereby the end has hooks and not the clips of the larger net. Pictures coming soon!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM