Wheel fitment confirmation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I so dig the bargain shopping that Houm's wheels represent, and the good natured, self-deprecating manner with which he discusses them. You go, girl!

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just teasing you. Anyone who uses their LR3 gets a big thumbs up. Can't see those wheels once they are coated in mud, right? :)

I know...it's cool.

You're right; once they're covered in the gunk it doesn' t matter. In fact, I haven't washed them since my last outing! ...and I probably won't. That said, if I find a good deal on 18" RRS wheels I'll probably do it.

codemonkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, good info. Did you check the lug bolt (nut? can't remember what these have) shoulder? When looking into whether RR wheels would fit, it seems some years were exactly the same as the X5, and some were the same except the lug bolt/nut was square vs. rounded.

Anyway, something to check, as that's something that might not be immediately obvious if you just throw the wheel on up on a lift and don't torque them down.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that the lugnuts will be different, but it should not be a show-stopper. I have a different set of lugnuts that I used for my other 18" rims too. I will check on that though before I head out!

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Indeed...it looks better than what I've got. Unfortunately I only got ONE....for the spare. I may try to find replacement rims for those chrome (NASCAR) rims....but then again I have a good mind to just keep 'em to spite people!!!

...would powder coating them make it better John?

Your best option is to take them out on the trail, and scratch them up as much as possible. :tongue:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...well I guess we all know why Discount Tire discontinued them!

Oh, and a technical point; this is not self-deprecating...I knew why I bought those suckers, they were cheap albeit ugly and I wasn't picky! So this isn't an indictment on my taste but rather an example of my pragmatic approach to buying rims that were for a purpose.

...anyhow, I'm gonna head off to work. I will snap a pic of that X5 rim and post it.

Last edited:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the best I could do this morning; took it with my cell phone:

Attachments

• 0312090625.jpg
    0312090625.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 74

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well you'll want to confirm that it's 120 first. Also, I'd be careful about buying a rim without testing it first. Some of them are tapered in the back and won't fit over the brake calipers. Having a different offset could also affect your tire clearance, particularly in front when turning.

I think that eventually I'll find 18" RRS rims. I like the way they look on the LR3.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo