wheel shake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are 19". I am assuming they are Rover Wheels as they look identical.

Check with the dealer, I believe that wheel is not a direct bolt on and needs spacer to align the lug nuts to keep it centered, hence balanced.

Maddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you went 80 miles after the rebalancing and then it started shaking again I would be inclined to suspect the belts in the tires are bad or the wheels are not staying centered. What tires did you buy?

dlrnzo

Reaction score
More results here...

Apparently the prev owner loaded this DII with range rover or aftermarket range rover look 19" wheels. When I had my new tires installed I am thinking there may have been hub centric rings which were lost. Anyone know of a resource or size for these rings? Are these redily avialable?

Dealer also stated that my ball joints are shot. I heard this before from an independant guy. Dealer want $1998 for that. That sound off the hook to me. Thoughts?

Maddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing I'm in the wrong business. I could retire really fast doing ball joint replacements at that price. Maybe I'm not following what you've written on this situation closely enough. If the lug nuts are centering well enough on the wheels and all and they are tight they shouldn't move. The wheels holes should be countersunk and the beveled lugs should hold them there. Are the lugs botttoming out b4 they are tightening down on the wheels?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Aftermarket wheels.... maybe time to buy factory ones sadly for you.

Ball Joints.. find someone else to do the work for that kind of money I could change your brakes, ball joints, and maybe even get you some wheels that fit.

dlrnzo

Reaction score
Update-Fixed.
PO installed 19" Range Rover wheels which required a hub centric ring. When I had the new tires installed, the old rings were not replaced (long story). All is well....for now.
Thanks all for hearing me out and the help!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink